Author Topic: Herbal infusions  (Read 2110 times)

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
Herbal infusions
« on: January 30, 2007, 23:03:45 »
Ok folks here is my problem.  I hate the taste of tea (big time).  I fancy trying fruit teas for a hot drink now n then.  I have tasted Twinning Herbal infusions (Peppermint)   and (Raspberry Strawberry and Loganberry).  They were awful and I could taste Tea.   Any good Herbal fruit drinks out there I should try without tasting TEA.   Thanks.   ::) ::)  Oh, and I do have quite a sweet tooth so nothing too sour.    8)

Curryandchips

• Hectare
Re: Herbal infusions
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 23:19:50 »
My suggestion - the solution is probably to derive your own recipes, and possibly your own ingredients. If you google 'herbal tea recipes' then you should get lots of hits from which you can select what you prefer. This has the added advantage that you are genuinely controlling what you imbibe ...

Good luck

Derek :)
The impossible is just a journey away ...

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 08:33:13 »
try making a fruit smoothie and adding some herbs to it, lovely, make lemon balm tea, mint tea, you only use the herb so, no tea taste  :)

bennettsleg

• Hectare
  • hertford, herts. 2 windowsills, no greenhouse
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 13:40:16 »
whittards fruit infusions.  Like you I don't drink tea and have a terrible time trying to find a good infusuion.  a teaspoon of sugar also helps bring out the flavour of fruit tea.

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 13:57:30 »
Thanks  BL.  good of you to recommend a ready made infusion.  I shall write down Whittards and give them a go.  The likliehood of me not liking any type of infusion is pretty high so hopefull they are sold in small quantities.    ;) ;)

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 14:24:45 »
in Whittards you can often try before you buy as they usually have a flask of some sort of tea for you to help yourself to. 

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 16:38:53 »
Have you tried chamomile tea with honey Carol? Oddly enough, it tastes lovely as well as being a great tummy tamer :)

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 17:53:25 »
I make all my own herbal teas Carol! Lemon balm is LOVELY and I like rosemary as well. To sweeten it up even more you could always add a teaspoon of honey (I never do though .. can't stand the stuff! I call it 'bee-dirt'!!!)
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

tlc

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 19:02:47 »
I agree with you about the taste of most herbal teas but twinings make one called cammomile and spiced apple which tastes really nice - not at all of tea.  I find it tastes best if the teabag isn't left in for too long - one minute or less is best for my tastebuds. 

The cammomile and spiced apple cost about 99p for a pack of 20 teabags, so they are not cheap - if you'd like to try before you buy then I would be happy to send you a couple of bags if you pm me.

Blue Bird

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 20:02:21 »
Hi Carol like you I have a sweet tooth - hot blackcurrant (90p from Lidl) is loverely but watch your teeth ???
have started to have grated ginger with a spoon of sugar or honey every morning and found it very beneficial
no tummy bloating and feel quite energetic (for a change)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal