Author Topic: New TV or not???  (Read 912 times)

cookie

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
New TV or not???
« on: February 11, 2007, 19:43:38 »
Just sat down after lunch, ready to watch the France/Ireland rugby, and our TV went bang!!!!!!!!!
 I know that it was 20 years old, but it worked perfectly. Both boys have been saying that we needed a new all singing all dancing model, but I work on the principle that if it works, Ok. We do have a tiny portable upstairs(so we watched the match!) So now we debate, do we buy a new one or not?
 We don't watch much TV but???????

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
Re: New TV or not???
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 21:56:18 »
I'm waiting for the day that happens in our house, we've been hanging our noses over an lcd one for ages  ;)  ;D
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

Jill

• Hectare
  • S E London
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 22:27:01 »
Well, if the last one lasted 20 years then guess you had your money's worth and some!  Our last one lasted 13 years.  Shopped around a year ago and paid half the price paid for the 10 yr old one for a widescreen one. 

Buying a new television nowadays is a nightmare.  Digital or not, plasma/lcd, HD ready or not, what size etc.  Research/decision/action(ie purchase)!

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 23:29:47 »
There are some cheap enough good models of tv around now. I wont get another till I have to as I purchase da good TV 2 years ago. But -  If I were to buy now - Argos have a good 32" LCD HD ready TV reduced to £399.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 12:21:21 »
Try freecycle as well, tv's are always coming up on our local one, you might be lucky! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 20:11:26 »
Just found out my sister paid £100 for a LVD 42" TV that had no picture from a guy had it 13 months. She paid £150 to get it fixed. Same one to buy new is £800! Its huge! Cinema screen in her own home - wow. :o
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal