Author Topic: Climbing Fuchsias  (Read 4346 times)

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
Re: Climbing Fuchsias
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 19:14:14 »
Non hardy fushia's do suffer at times from vine weevil, so do treat twice a year for vine weevil, I use pravado.
If you keep fushias for years they do make bigger plants especialy standards pity to lose them to this horrible little grub.
I also remember someone saying the pastle colours do better in semi-shade and the darker colours are fine in full sun.
Many special growers on the net with beautiful photos.
Georgie I hope you get the one you want, caroline7758 fingers crossed your fushia takes off this year for you,

Lady of the Land

• Half Acre
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2007, 18:32:20 »
Does anyone know how far the 'Lady Boothby' will spread width ways? I am looking for climbers for East facing wall in the South of England.

rdm51

• Half Acre
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2007, 19:14:46 »
Hi Lady,
 The best i can come up with is
Mature size
Height: 4 feet (121 cm).
Width: 3 feet (90 cm).

hope that hopes
Bob

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2007, 20:03:16 »
Two metres high according to the nursey I've bought it from, not sure about the spread though.

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2007, 20:34:52 »

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 14:58:48 »
According to George Bartlett (a recent President of the British Fuchsia Society) in his books "Fuchsias ~ a colour guide", and "Fuchsias ~ the new cultivars" - he lists the height and spread' of Lady Boothby as 36ins to 48ins (sorry metric means nothing to me).

tereas, I think the differences in growth rate between the two sites you mention, may be the difference between growing in the UK, and growing on the west coast of North America.  Just a thought.

valmarg

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal