Author Topic: N A Kays Horticulture  (Read 8687 times)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
N A Kays Horticulture
« on: April 24, 2004, 22:56:38 »
Has anyone (not a professional grower) purchased supplies from this company?

I recently have and was wondering what experiences folks had as a customer.

I find their prices and producs good value but ordering was a faf, the website form is hopeless, so had to use the paper one. Also dont know how long to expect delivery (order sent last thursday week - ie 10 days ago).

Sorry i know this sounds like something i should be moaning to them about but just felt like sounding you lot out first.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re:N A Kays Horticulture
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2004, 08:36:36 »
There he goes again!!

Had no prob - V helpful. And fleece at 12.5p/msq rather than 75-95p in the centres - well! = Tim

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2004, 09:48:09 »
Over the years, I have bought quite a bit of stuff from them Richard I have found them very reasonably priced, extremely helpful and knowledgable about their products whenever you need to telephone them.  I dont have their catalogue to hand but I seem to remember that you can pay extra to have next day delivery.  My deliveries have always been prompt, perhaps there has been a glitch in the pipeline with your order.  Why not give them a ring and check it out with them?
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2004, 16:20:36 »
Would certainly echo Mimi's words above.  No complaints atall about NA Kay, always helpful and prompt so have bought from them for a few years now - I even buy freezer bags, clingfilm and foil !
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2004, 18:28:48 »
Thanks for replies

Tim: What do you mean 'Here he goes again'?  ???

Mimi: Looks like i will have to do that Mimi, not that i realy want to but the order is important so 'no choice'

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 23:11:31 »
Just an update, got hopes up today. Came home to find card through door saying package had been left with next door neighbours. Thoght to self ' this is it finaly!'. But, sadly no t'was package courtesy of Mr QVC, so dashed again  ::)

Have to get on the 'phone after all  >:(

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 12:23:35 »
it does sound like you should phone them, my order was here a lot quicker than that i think, could be getting busy now though which might explain it.

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2004, 10:30:46 »
I checked on their website Re: delivery times etc, and while they say credit/debit card payers (which I am) get a quicker service, they also say that orders can take longer to be dispatched at this time of year when they are busy. I was thinking of leaving it until miday tomorrow and if still no sign then ring. However the dilema is what if something is wrong, then delaying contact will only prolong the problem ans delay delivery still further.  I am thinking perhaps of giving them a ring today instead just to put my mind at rest.  They have payment, I just dont have the goods!

Thing is i am planning a plant sell off at a car boot sale and have ordered mainly pots for the plants due to be sold. I cannot seel them as they are since they are rather pot bound. I was hoping to get the pots, grow the plants on for a few weeks then do the sale. I went and bought some cheap pots localy but these were not enough, and not as good value as Kays.  Thus I am kind of relying on them to 'come up with the goods' so to speak ( ;D).

Sorry to go on, but I needed to share this with someone neutral other than family (who dont understand), A4all seems like a good a place as any.

sally james

• Not So New ...
Re: N A Kays Horticulture
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 18:30:02 »
I have used N A Kays Horticulture before, and was very happy with them, but  I have lost the
web site address can anyone help please? ???

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 18:37:28 »
Sally it's no longer in business as it went into administration last September.
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 19:21:35 »
Yes, thought I'd heard that they had gone bust.

Maybe you should check whether the money has gone out of your account, GA.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 19:24:59 »
Garden assistant was posting in 2004!!

sally james

• Not So New ...
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 20:12:39 »
Thanks for all your prompt replys, great  veg growing to you.
Sally

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 21:04:50 »
shame they've gone bust - good company at good prices.  They also (in my experience) had good customer service.  Wondered what happened to them...

shame...

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 22:02:41 »
Garden assistant was posting in 2004!!

Oops! :-[

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 22:05:51 »
shame they've gone bust - good company at good prices.  They also (in my experience) had good customer service.  Wondered what happened to them...

shame...

That about sums it up...  :-X

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal