Author Topic: your new year call  (Read 1473 times)

ACE

• Hectare
your new year call
« on: January 02, 2007, 08:08:23 »
WAKEY WAAAAKEY.

Come on you lazy lot, back to work.

I don't see why I should go back on my own ;D

TEL

• Hectare
Re: your new year call
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 08:13:55 »
no I'm going some where a lot better Shopping with the wife & boys for a new carpet oooooooo what fun ;D

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 08:36:43 »
Gosh, it doesn't take long to get back into the 'old' routine ...

I have two days to get my workshop straight and tidied, then two 'training days' ... arghh !

Derek  :D
The impossible is just a journey away ...

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 08:45:35 »
Off work this week. Kids wont got to lottie - they say its too cold. Get there for maybe  4hours between now and friday. Thats when my son will be at nursery from wednesday. ;)
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 09:18:23 »
My darling went back today, although he was in between Christmas and New Year.  Kids go back to school on Thursday.  Off to the shops today, a few things to change.  ooo the excitement. :-\

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 11:27:27 »
Martyr that I am, I covered the Christmas week, so I've got the rest of this week off.

The Plan -
1 day garden (today)
1 day allotment
1 day mixture of the above
1 day going round all my favourite garden suppliers

There, that just leaves the weekend to sort out!

;D

Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 19:53:21 »
Our school was open for a training Day and they are in proper tomorrow!
 :-\

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 19:56:53 »
gawd I was tired this morning.  Worried about waking up so slept very badly, last check of the clock was 5am !   I stumbled around the bedroom once the alarm clock went off (of course fast asleep by then) and nearly fell over in the bathroom.  Goodness knows how I managed to keep my eyes open during the drive to work - I was sure I was going to have an accident.  

Fortunately not much going on at work today (boss on holiday for another day  :D ) so able to ease myself in gently (although seem to have cultivated stoopid gene whilst off, couldn't remember dratted passwords)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 22:19:54 »
I've got another day off, and just as well since I'm still not well. Back at college Thursday.

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 13:32:32 »
Oh, you poor souls - now are you sitting comfortably? OK, then let me tell you about retirement............. It all starts with just that - sitting comfortably, with a cuppa, with a biccie and with a pile of seed catalogues listening to all that nasty wind and rain ::)

Truly it is wonderful and just remember the harder you work now the more you will appreciate retirement when you are lucky enough toget there ;D ;D

Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

triffid

• Hectare
  • Escaped... usually to my plot in NW London :)
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 13:40:03 »
 >:(

The way thinkgs are going, they'll have abolished retirement altogether by the time some of us get there!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 14:54:56 »
I retired 10 years ago, never again, bored silly. So I gave it up.

I had to take early retirement due to my knees, shoulder and hands not being up to the job. 9 months later  I was seized up so I started doing a bit of gardening again for exercise. Started working again and gradually got better, although I do ache all the time. I think it is a classic case of 'use it or lose it'. I am registered as disabled  but I do not claim any money or special treatment.

The old girl is always shouting at me to take it easy else I will kill myself. My reply is that will be a better option than being stuck in my armchair.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 15:57:12 »
Given up my regular job to help Bearded Wonder when required.
Renewal notice for my public liability insurance came today- I had the greatest pleasure throwing it  in the bin. ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 16:09:50 »
Got 33 years before retirement. So I'll be sticking to the grindstone till then and burning the candle at both ends. Might ease a llittle when the kids are fully grown.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 18:17:55 »
Oops.  Retirement doesn't have to mean slowing down and boredom. Especially for those of us who had sedentary jobs which were pretty boring retirement is a release and a time to be more active! 
Ace, can appreciate your situation - similar to that of Mr W - and like you he completely ignores my gentle words of remonstration and just gets on with things - thank goodness!

Sorry to have hijacked thread :-[
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal