Author Topic: DONT FORGET BBC2  (Read 18518 times)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Re: DONT FORGET BBC2
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2007, 22:13:07 »
I saw it and thought it was brilliant! It was beautifully shot and it's bound to get more people growing their own.......
 Although I would love the BBC to give me some useful information on the habits of the pea moth and whether lime can prevent onion white rot, this wouldn't make especially gripping prime time television.

They did say at the end of the program that there was a book on the series - if you loved it that much ::)
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2007, 23:04:23 »

They did say at the end of the program that there was a book on the series - if you loved it that much ::)

So if ya wont to know more then buy the book..... ::)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2007, 10:26:30 »
This is the first opportunity I've had to get online what with the problems with mom. Well I must say that this programme has got you all going if not teaching you anything. I was only able to watch it last night. I didn't learn anything that I would put into practice. I watched it as if I was a first time grower (like my daughter Bunjy). There were a few things that she mentioned i.e. deep beds and their advantages. I do think that she should have talked more about different soil types and what to do to make your soil better. She did mention that she hadn't had the time to grow her own veg for many years. Perhaps she should have waited for a couple of seasons and she would have refreshed her knowledge about veggies. We had a 10 year break in growing our own and it's surprising just how much we had forgotten.Needless to say after a few weeks on here and digesting a lot of the sometimes diverse advice, we are now plotting along just great. I do like Carol and I do hope that the programme is a success and at least helps some of the folks out there' but in my opinion they would be better to get on this site if they really want to learn anything. BTW I watched the programme about Kew before and the compost on there was so yummy. lol
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2007, 10:39:47 »
I think any programme about 'a subject' is subject to the same problems.

I'm sure anyone involved in airlines cringes at the easyjet programmes, I know I laugh at all the technology stuff on TV.

If it helps draw people into the world of vegetable growing then it is a good thing, once they are needing more detailed answers, they can search out websites like this!

I'm going to lock this thread as sometimes that is the only way!

Cheers

Dan

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal