Author Topic: New Years Resolution anyone?  (Read 3080 times)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: New Years Resolution anyone?
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2007, 12:59:04 »
Redecorate the house no matter what (illness, picking up the wrong pot of paint, family, etc.) gets in the way.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2007, 13:42:21 »
Mine is to do everything I enjoy...... or could be enjoy everything that I do??? ::) ;) Which is mostly the case anyway: both cases in fact.

And to stop before I'm exhausted.

And to go to bed when I'm tired....

And maybe to think about myself a bit more often instead of always thinking about other people first?

Cor this is getting dangerously close to the truth  ;D

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2007, 14:22:12 »
I don't usually bother as i'm not what you'd usually call a 'completer finisher' but i'm gonna try to eat more healthily and to cook meals from scratch (hopefully using lottie produce later in the year!) rather than packet/jar stuff. Also, i must find myself a decent job this year, not one that i get bored of & want to leave after a year lol x
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

Larkspur

• Acre
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2007, 15:23:04 »
Havn't bothered with New Year resolutions for about forty years. Doesn't seem to have made a lot of difference :D.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2007, 15:34:04 »
Think mine should be to spend less time on web forums, especially this one, but can't see it happening!

dottyjan

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2007, 15:47:29 »
my new year res is to read all the forums on this site so I can grow super veg :) :) ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2007, 16:58:40 »
Robert. Thanks for the reminder..as soon as I get rid if this cold the pasting table and brushes will be out. Told myself I will decorate the whole bungalow again (last time 2003)

Grandma. Your post could be an echo of my thoughts ;D When I can no longer do certain jobs I always end up saying to the children " Huh, I could have eat that job for breakfast 10 years ago!!" what a stupid thing to say but I do get frustrated when I have to ask for help. Bless 'em (the children) they never let me down.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2007, 17:06:02 »
You're not the only one having to put off the redecorating; I've been sitting cursing most of the holiday because of a bug that was stopping me getting on with it. I'm going to end up doing a lot of it on weekends now.

Columbus

• Hectare
    • A Duel of Delight and Desperation Index page
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2007, 20:02:26 »
Hi all, Happy and Prosperous New Year.

My resolution for 2007 is to acknowledge what is happening to my hip joints,
to talk to friends and family about the pain and the stiffness that has got steadily worse over the last eighteen months, to see the GP to get checked out and to start making lifestyle adjustments.

Anybody got any tips? how to dig when your legs just don`t want to? how to weed a patch when you find you struggle to stand up again? Do people just hoe lots?  I`m already taking note of the mulching discussions. I have some container planting and lots of permanent planting.

How does anyone here get round these problems? Some days I feel like I did a days work just walking to the site, but I`m not about to quit my plots.

Col
... I am warmed by winter sun and by the light in your eyes.
I am refreshed by the rain and the dew
And by thoughts of you...

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2007, 20:14:21 »
Hi, Col
we have the same sort of challenges, so we don't dig, our beds are raised 18-20", we mulch everything we can,
i have a kneeler thingy with arms so I can push myself up and a hand hoe that ray made for me
I also use a twirly thing for weeding
don't blame you , don't give up,it's the only thing that keeps us, sort of , sane
here's to a warmer, healthier new year  :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 20:17:29 by manicscousers »

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2007, 20:17:27 »
Robert. I do have the luxury of being retired.

Columbus. Really sorry to hear about your hip problems. Especially at your young age. Late husband was crippled with arthritis in every joint EXCEPT his hips but he was in his early 60's when first real signs. It amazed me how he adapted and managed to do certain things. Do make sure and get as much advice as you can, if you are not satisfied ask for a second opinion. I wish you luck and as painfree as you can be.
Best wishes Lorna.

Columbus

• Hectare
    • A Duel of Delight and Desperation Index page
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2007, 22:09:05 »
Thanks all,

I haven`t seen a bed raised more than six inches, scaffold planks I guess? I will get one of those kneeler things, thats a good idea. I feel such a twit when I can`t get up. But I get to do a lot of sitting in the sun  ;D

Col
... I am warmed by winter sun and by the light in your eyes.
I am refreshed by the rain and the dew
And by thoughts of you...

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2007, 16:31:32 »
these are made from old pallets, three high, corner posts made out of the posts holding the pallets together, we've been working hard for 15 months to get enough soil in them though, just managed it this winter with the last lot of compost delivered
hope the weather , when it's warmer, helps, it does for me, a bit  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal