Author Topic: The Best Thing  (Read 2072 times)

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
The Best Thing
« on: December 22, 2006, 09:10:56 »
Stumbling across A4A - (while searching for tips on pumpkin growing) - has been the best thing that's happened to me for a long while. Being made to feel welcome, even though I didn't meet the entry requirements, was lovely but, over the months, I feel I have really begun to know you all as friends or almost family. I've shared the joys and sorrows in your lives; met your families and pets; had guided tours around your lovely lotties and gorgeous gardens and even been admitted into your homes. You've taught me a lot, made me think a lot and, above all, made me laugh a lot. Can't imagine life without my (at least once daily!) fix of A4A. Thank you all very much.
I can't do the clever Christmas greetings but I do wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and productive 2007.  :-* :-* :-*

ACE

• Hectare
Re: The Best Thing
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 09:16:52 »
Stumbling across A4A

That will teach you to drink too much ;D

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 09:31:05 »
Grandma, and a Happy Christmas to you too.  It is the most wonderful website as you say, and everyone feels like friends.  My family get fed up of hearing "on A4A...."  but I find out so much from here and not just about gardening.  I am glad you are enjoying it too.  Long may it continue.  All the best.  T.

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 09:56:57 »
I can only agree ... done my fair share of stumbling too  :D and rapidly approaching completing 3 years on this site ...
The impossible is just a journey away ...

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 16:14:28 »
Grandma. Best wishes to you, glad you enjoy A4A. Great crowd on here, always willing to help. I have reason to thank many friends on here who have given me so much support when I have had some traumatic times. Oh yes, they don't even take the ppppp when I have asked stupid questions ;D
Have a great holiday
Lorna

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 16:30:11 »
Hey Grandma, have a fab Christmas , happy growing next year won`t be long you know.  We are all proud to be in the A4A club it feels like a big circle of friends. Rosebud. :-* :-*

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 16:45:06 »
No entry requirements Granma...just to be mad about growing things...er......or just mad will do ;)

Have a happy happy christmas....just think...we'll be chitting potatoes soon. You can grow them in black buckets, you know.

You got any black buckets btw?

;D Lishka

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 17:14:03 »
and stuff in pots, and stuff in hanging baskets, let's face it, i grow stuff in broken teapots, mad, me !! :o :o

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 21:58:07 »
manic? pretty appropriate name then??  ;D ::)

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 06:48:42 »
snap grandma, it's a very special place in cyber, glad you stumbled this way! ;)
:-[ oh how are the ribs ::)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 14:58:58 »
A great gang on here Grandma, I'm still quite new on here but everyone is so welcoming, you can have a good laugh and get some really good advise. Merry Christmas Grandma. :-*
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2006, 00:23:20 »
I've been a member for over three years Grandma, but it's only this year that I've really become active here and on other A4A forums. It truly is a grand place to come each day and I'd like to thank all the wonderful people for the friendly advice I've been given and wish you all the best Christmas ever :-* :-* -  and fewer slugs and snails in the coming year  ;) ;D.

Tricia

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2006, 08:29:08 »
Being made to feel welcome, even though I didn't meet the entry requirements,

Oh Oh. You do realise you need a note from your mum to come on here ;)

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2006, 11:07:12 »
Ace is only kidding Grandma... it's your grandparents permission you need, I find it always safer to surf from a sitting position... less stumbling but more slumping!
 ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2006, 12:19:47 »
...  less stumbling but more slumping!

Or slurping, even? ::)
 ;D

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2006, 15:27:38 »
We're on the same wavelength, Lish!   ;)I actually read that as 'slurping' until I saw your post.  ;D

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2006, 18:02:23 »
the two are as closely connected as the spellings, slurp!
 ::)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2006, 18:18:04 »
Its good as a daily fix.  :P       

I keep getting into trouble from OH as I keep setting this as my homepage. On here daily too. Dont you find you get withdrawl symptoms if you cant get on here or get any gardening done?
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 14:03:23 »
Its good as a daily fix.  :P      

I keep getting into trouble from OH as I keep setting this as my homepage. On here daily too. Dont you find you get withdrawl symptoms if you cant get on here or get any gardening done?

Deffo!!!

To be quite truthful - I was starting to itch about lunchtime Chrimbo day - but thought it might be noticed if I escaped and came back all muddy a few hours later!!!  I reckon all this "plant onions on Boxing Day" thingy was just a ruse by oldtimers to get away from the overdose of christmas!! .....good for them!

.....note to self - have onions sets at the ready next Boxing day!!!!!!!!!!!

Louise

Grow yer bugger grow!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal