Author Topic: Explorer 7  (Read 4509 times)

Ken 70

Re: Explorer 7
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 15:05:21 »
Had IE7...uninstalled it, went back to IE6...now auto updates have put back IE7 (with, interestingly, my IE7 settings). The IE7 software couldn't have 'uninstalled' as the update was only about 20mins on dial up as against two hours originally. So that means IE7 (most of) wasn't uninstalled.
Doesn't matter tho, even the menu bar can be configured back so that all looks like IE6. Why oh why didn't Microsoft just do a few "add on's" and point the users to this. They risk losing customers to Firefox and Opera.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 18:15:16 »
HELP -- b-in-law has just had IE7 wished upon him - crapped everything - he can uninstall in Control Panel?? But how get back to IE 6??

Please!! He's in a slough!!

muddy boots

• Half Acre
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 19:02:04 »
I need that answer too, Tim! 

davy1

• Half Acre
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2006, 20:16:51 »
Microsoft has decided that all windows xp users up grade. the programe is set to be delivered via automatic updates. However how IE7 reaches you is down to how you have your automatic updates set. If you do not want it turn off your automatic updates.
So i supose if you have got it and dont want it you would turn off automatic updates, uninstall IE7, then go to windows download and reinstall IE6 and DO NOT turn Auto updates back on.
Does that seem about right
DavyW

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2006, 06:55:26 »
Thanks, everyone - so sorry about the delay in acknowledging.

B-i-L is being suitably briefed!

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2006, 08:38:09 »
even the menu bar can be configured back so that all looks like IE6

The menu/toolbar layout is the only thing I currently dislike about IE7, mainly the refresh button being in the middle somewhere ... can anyone guide me on how to edit this?
The impossible is just a journey away ...

Spruance

• Quarter Acre
    • Garden World Discussions
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2006, 16:43:15 »
As far as I can determine it is not possible to move the refresh icon. On the other hand it is possible to add or remove icons on the menu bar by right clicking and selecting Customize Command Bar.

This Indian website has some useful information on IE7.
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln (attributed)
16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2006, 17:06:55 »
I decided to give IE7 ago a short while ago. Not had any problems with it really, except for geting used to the new screen layout. That said its not my main browser (mostly use AOL), but do use it occasionaly, particularly when AOL wont load a site properly. Also use it to access hotmail (or Windows Live Mail i should say).

pntalbot

• Half Acre
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2006, 09:32:26 »
Have IE7 loaded, no problems,but running alongside, is MOZILLA  FIREFOX, much better.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal