Author Topic: Warmest December Night Ever!!!!  (Read 2254 times)

silly billy

• Acre
Warmest December Night Ever!!!!
« on: December 06, 2006, 14:39:39 »
Taken from Yahoo
The UK has had its warmest December night ever recorded. The mercury hit 13.6C on Monday in the south east. That is 10 degrees higher than the average for this time of year.

A Met Office forecaster told the Daily Mirror: "It's another strong indication of climate change. Summer was hot and dry and autumn was hotter than average."

In fact the autumn was the warmest since records began 347 years ago.

And it is not just Britain that is hotting up.

Europe's Alpine region is having its warmest spell in 1,300 years, causing concern at ski resorts where slopes are covered in grass instead of snow.

And for anyone hoping for a white Christmas - forget it.

The forecast is wet and mild.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in. Bill Shankly.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: Warmest December Night Ever!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 14:53:17 »
That will keep the fuel bills down :)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 16:13:24 »
 ;) They reckon 70 degrees christmas day.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Trevor Holloway

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 13:45:08 »
Each year my sister organises a family Hawian BBQ the day after boxing day !
Maybe this year we will have the weather for it !

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 17:20:28 »
 :) :) You never know Trev. :D :D :D :D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

muddy boots

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 19:08:36 »
And tonight we were told that Britain has had more tornadoes than anywhere else in the world! - and not just this year, had far more last year!  Not much consolation for the poor peeps in Kilburn though :'(

triffid

• Hectare
  • Escaped... usually to my plot in NW London :)
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 19:36:49 »
The night may have been warm... but the half-hour hailstorm at lunchtime certainly wasn't!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 20:34:14 »
And tonight we were told that Britain has had more tornadoes than anywhere else in the world! - and not just this year, had far more last year!  Not much consolation for the poor peeps in Kilburn though :'(

They used to think they were very rare here, but they've recently started using a new sort of airport radar which detects them. It now turns out that we have a lot, but the consolation is that most of them are very small and go unnoticed in the countryside. But it's becoming evident that with global warming, we're beginning to get the destructive ones. Fortunately, the cells that produce the real biggies only develop in large continental areas, and conditions here aren't suitable for producing them.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 06:49:38 »
I hope nobody on this forum was hit by the tornado. I have been watching them for years and they pass about 2 miles from here. Luckily they go down the centre of the Solent and are only small.

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2006, 13:08:43 »
Please do not keep on how warm it is getting...........Gordon ( Green ) Brown will only slap more on our tax's for it.
                              ;D
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 13:59:32 »
And so be it...this coming from somebody who has to drive 17 miles to work because he hasn't got a hope in hell of affording a house in the area where he works on a public servant's salary.  Carbon and environmental taxation - BRING IT ON!!!!!!!  Get a few more of those gas guzzling waste of space urban 4x4s off the road.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

triffid

• Hectare
  • Escaped... usually to my plot in NW London :)
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006, 15:04:45 »
RedClanger -- the people who drive urban 4x4s will just laugh and pay up. It's all just small change to them.

>:(

silly billy

• Acre
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 18:04:48 »
We are after a new car having had a couple of MPV's and have been looking at the options of an estate or 4x4.What does amuse me is the people who are so quick to complain about the so called gas guzzlers.We live in Surrey yet I can almost justify getting a 4 wheel drive due to the state of the roads and the speed humps.In the last 2 years our cars have both been to the garage to have their front suspension repaired at a fair cost.My relation has had his front wheel ripped off whilst driving to Guildford in a VW golf when he hit a pothole.Maybe if the roads were in a better state there might be a few less 4x4's.
My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in. Bill Shankly.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal