Author Topic: Thieving ba****ds  (Read 2431 times)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Thieving ba****ds
« on: December 14, 2006, 22:02:33 »
All the lotties up the top end of our site have been done over this past 10days. A dozen or so. They are in darkest part of lottie. Only the ones with live-stock. Re-curring problem each christmas. Went to let hens out 6am yesterday & neighbouring lottie man was out waiting with his dog. Scroats are after the turkeys people have been rearing for chrimbo. >:( >:(

My entrance is on the main road to the housing estate under a street light, so i feel a little safer but not content. Gonna get a load of old hessian from work to tie to the sisde fence to block the view.  : :-\
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re: Thieving ba****ds
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 08:28:36 »
So glad ours is within our own 4 walls!

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 09:22:09 »
That's the main reason I'm saying goodbye to my plot after 5 years there. I'd eye-up some thing I knew would be at it's best the following week when I went to the plot. Ah!...someone beat me to it! Even half wrecked my gate getting to it. I even had the guttering from my shed nicked last October.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 11:39:06 »
I've stopped locking my two sheds, at lest now they don't smash the door down to get in. When you let a plot on the site I'm on you have to pay a deposit of £10 which is nothing nowdays,(40 fags) for a gate key.but when they realize theres a bit of work involved in growing ya own veg and leave usually after 3 months,  taking the key with them and with over 200 plots there is allways something to come back for in the dead of night. >:( >:(

triffid

• Hectare
  • Escaped... usually to my plot in NW London :)
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 13:36:46 »
The keys for our site also fit every site in the borough....  >:(

Not that you need keys, with our perimeter fences in the state they're in!

I'm with froglegs on the not-locking thing. That's why, four break-ins later, I still have a door to my shed.

My sympathy to kenkew and ktlawson.

PS My plot-neighbour has a number of man-traps
deep, narrow irrigation ditches, dug at intervals across his plot.
One morning he found someone had kindly bagged up the best of his onions and left them at the edge of one of these. Can't have fastened the bag up properly, cause the onions had got scattered about quite a bit.

Bit of a mystery, that...   ;D

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 13:42:37 »
we've gone with combination locks, once this new fencing has gone up, three quarters done now, we can change the numbers any time we like

that'll teach them  >:(  ;D

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 17:06:08 »
It must be so bloody soul destroying for you all to find all your hard working efforts have been vandalised.  Worse still is the fact that your produce has been nicked by some lowlife.

I do wish when the Home Secretary spouts on that 'crime figures are down' he would prefix that with the word 'reported'.  The properties either side of us have been burgled several times.  What is the point of contacting the police?  They are not even remotely interested.  It's only property.  The net result, if you do 'bother' the police is that your insurance premiums go up.

We live in a rural area, and the only time we see the police is if they have taken a wrong turn and are lost!!

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 18:13:06 »
Just hope that the perpetrators got severely bitten!!

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006, 16:37:43 »
We have had about a dozen break ins this last three months... we have had the Police up several times but they do nothing but make encouraging noises! We have been on Combinations for years Manics but it hasn't solved the problem!
 >:(

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2006, 16:39:24 »
do you thinkit's worth posting on here what's been taken in case anyone sees anything or is offered it or don't you think the police will do anything ? :(

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 16:47:24 »
Seven gardens on my site (not mine) were broken into during the week, but nothing was taken. They got them on CCTV at the tennis club next door, and it looks like students.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006, 17:37:22 »
>:( Bring back the birch.   >:( >:( >:( >:(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2006, 23:02:56 »
Man traps.... no problem identifying tresspassers!
 :-X

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 15:02:23 »
I got some of them man traps. Antone asks I have a reason for everyone of them... all legitimate reasons of course. The fact that they serve a dual purpose is open to peoples interpretation.... ::)
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2006, 10:48:50 »
Poison Ivy on the fence line?

miniroots

• Half Acre
  • Beautiful bolting
    • Random allotment pictures
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2006, 11:54:02 »
The only things I've had stolen from my plot are a huge bundle of carpet and half a roll of very thick black plastic.  It made me mad that it must be fellow, active plot holders thinking that anything you haven't used yet is up for grabs!

I wanted to go round all the plots looking for the carpet (it had quite a recognisable pattern) - but with over 200 and some pretty high fences I don't think I'd get far...

I'll have to repair my fence once I've actually managed to grow something worth stealing!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal