Author Topic: My Baby House Plants  (Read 1350 times)

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
My Baby House Plants
« on: November 28, 2006, 22:52:16 »

lol

right now they sit on a sunny window sill.....i think it's east facing....i've had to change the compost on them tonight. took me ages lol. basically i'd potted them up in compost bought from the council.....but it turns out....it's horrible stuff. it's black and smells nice but it has absolutely no water retention qualities at all. the water just washes right through. i repotted them into some nice multi purpose compost that had lots of peat in it...and it just looked a lot nicer....and hopefully it should hold the water.

they look a bit sorry for themselves....and 2 of them died.....but these are what i have left....and hopefully they'll grow up to be nice big plants.

the plant on the far left...the dracaena or however you spell it...the spikey one with the pink edged leaves....it was less than 3 inches high when i bought it for 30 pence from wilkinsons earlier on this year as a bottle plant...it's over a foot high now.

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
Re: My Baby House Plants
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 23:56:57 »
They look lovely, healthy specimens. I hope they reward all your hard work and TLC! What is the one in the back row with the beautiful, dark green, shiny leaves? Really gorgeous!

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
Re: My Baby House Plants
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 08:11:39 »
They look lovely, healthy specimens. I hope they reward all your hard work and TLC! What is the one in the back row with the beautiful, dark green, shiny leaves? Really gorgeous!

i believe it's another form of draceana (sp?). another one bought for 30p from wilkinsons labelled as a bottle plant lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal