Author Topic: waterproof pen  (Read 2485 times)

Tenuse

• Acre
waterproof pen
« on: April 20, 2004, 13:24:05 »
...for writing on labels - tried this last night and it seemed to work - a pen for writing on freezer labels (mine's from Lakeland). Seems rub proof and water proof on a standard plant label... so far anyway.

Ten x
Young, dumb and full of come hither looks.

gillianbc

• Quarter Acre
Re:waterproof pen
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 14:03:59 »
I use some permanent felt tips from Wilkinson - 3 for 99p.  Not too chunky and nice and cheap (I'm always losing them).  CD pens are also good - often come included with a pack of blank CDs.

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 14:47:53 »
Unfortunately, the so called waterproof/permanent pens didn't work for me very well last year. Pencil was slightly better. So this year, using Dymo label thing (the junior version) and at less than a £10 with a couple of spare rolls of tape (there are some up for sale on eBay as well)....
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 21:15:09 »
All my propogator trays are numbered with 'puter printed numbers on paper. I cut them out and stick them on the base of the propogator (not the lids.) And cover/stick them on with a bit of see through medical tape. Sticks well through all the watering. The numbers/details are logged in a diary at the sowing/pricking out time. One or two pots are marked with indelible marker when I prick out into plastic pots which I put onto plastic trays.
(I use, in the main, those plastic drinking cups for vending m/c's. Cheaper even than washing out and sterilizing plant-pots.)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal