Author Topic: PHYSOCARPUS DIABLO  (Read 3037 times)

ACE

• Hectare
PHYSOCARPUS DIABLO
« on: November 25, 2006, 11:57:21 »
I have some small rooted cuttings of physocarpus diablo, and I would like to swap for  white wisteria rooted or layered cuttings, alba, snow showers, prefered but peaches and cream,(kuchi-beni) at a pinch.
Purely for my own garden, not for business use.

Just in case you have not come across diablo, it is the one with the chocolate/purple leaf, small pink clustered flowers, very hardy and gets about 1.5m tall X 1m spread.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: PHYSOCARPUS DIABLO
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 21:59:09 »
beautiful flowers, sorry, don't have them  :)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 19:52:07 »
Just a quick answer to all that sent me a pm. Sorry but I do not have any to spare and I have all the plants you wanted to swap. It is only the white wisteria that I wanted as I am having a lot of trouble tracking one down.

A good tip but do not name me in court. When you see one in a garden or plant centre  nip off about 7 inches of hardwood. Cut the bottom clean, stick it in a shady corner  about 2 inches deep and this time next year you can transplant it. They root very easily.

But remember it is stealing so ask if you see one, most people will be pleased to give you a twig.

adrianhumph

• Acre
  • Camberley, Surrey.
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 08:41:52 »
Hi Ace,
            I may be wrong, but physocarpus diabolo was protected under the plant breeders rights. This is a protection for the breeder which prevents unauthorised reproduction. Please see the defra website for more info.http://www.defra.gov.uk/planth/pvs/pbrguide.htm

Adrian.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 09:31:57 »
I think I am safe under the private and non-commercial, as long as I dont sell them.
I am hoping to have enough for a hedge and if my clippings fell into a hole and rooted how can I be blamed. ;) I think I paid £45 for the plant which I would want to keep for life even if the original dies.

triffid

• Hectare
  • Escaped... usually to my plot in NW London :)
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 09:42:52 »
From DEFRA's own document:

Plant Breeders' Rights do not extend to any act done for private and non-commercial purposes

So your halo can still be worn with pride, ACE!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal