Author Topic: Digging Deep  (Read 1385 times)

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
Digging Deep
« on: November 21, 2006, 22:29:45 »
Jebus! what kind of complete non sense is that program?

For the first time i've been able to catch it...hadn't heard to much about it. And how god awful is it?!!!!!

I mean it was like absolutely fabulous allover again! except one of them was a really camp guy. I was thinking.....she's wearing a dress and he's wearing white trousers!

they did barely any work! they just stood around saying "ya.....ya fabulous darling.....yea sweety darling that's delish!"

Yuck. they're everything that's wrong with gardening. I barely made it through the episode without turning over.

What on earth do the BBC think they're doing? it's 2 extremes isn't it? first GW which makes all gardeners look like farmers that do nothing but do gardening all day and have millions to spend....and then this lot....it was like changing rooms with Eddie and Patsy.

EDIT: I just rung and complained to Points of View lol.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 22:39:29 by wahaj »

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Digging Deep
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 22:41:56 »
I have seen it a couple of times, and yes, it is painfully funny!  Instant now gardening that will last hardly any time, dahhhling!

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 22:44:34 »
I have seen it a couple of times, and yes, it is painfully funny!  Instant now gardening that will last hardly any time, dahhhling!

tell me about it! did you see their bog garden? it was literally a mud patch where the pots hadn't even been sunken into the soil properly.....so you saw this frothy mud with black plastic popping out from sparcly planted bog plants.

and then complaining about the wisteria! i know a lot of people would kill for such a healthy and aged wisteria. and then getting rid of that variagated bush aswell saying that it was nasty.....what world are they living in.

LILACSPLASH

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 22:50:52 »
missed something good there then???!!! ::)
Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 22:59:44 »
missed something good there then???!!! ::)

I'm enraged. Mainly because it was so misleading. They just minced into the garden like some fashion designer.....decided what was fabulous and what wasn't.....and then go 20 builders to do the work while they talked about the people living there for a bit. you didn't get any reasons as to why they did what....no much actual making of the garden was shown...or techniques etc......and then suddenly the garden was finished. And loads more fabulous shots of the garden later the credits rolled.

And it's not like they don't have a big budget. They seemed to rip everything out....they even got this huge crane thing to dig the ground over and then bought loads of mature expensive looking plants.

And the fact that they just threw loads of plants out. even though a lot of them looked wasted....they didn't even bother to check what's what. hundreds of pot plants were being thrown into the skip without even taking the pots off them. They could have introduced a compost bin.....or threw the soil part into the recycling bin or whatever.....

everything about the program was wrong and it certainly sent of the wrong message to anyone looking to do their garden up.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 23:52:46 »
There are times when I am so glad I don't have a TV...........
 ;D

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 17:09:22 »
Didn't even get as far as the design, the presenters were so annoying! Her "garden tool" bag- clean, flowery PVC- said it all! Even my 17 yr old said "How can you be a gardener with a car like that?"

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 21:17:54 »
Have to say I couldn't believe my eyes and ears....it was dreadful. I went and did the ironing it was so awful.
I didn't think aboit complaining, is it too late I wonder?
Smile, it confuses people.

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 11:21:33 »
Have to say I couldn't believe my eyes and ears....it was dreadful. I went and did the ironing it was so awful.
I didn't think aboit complaining, is it too late I wonder?

nah i think you can still complain lol

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 20:55:19 »
:) I've seen this twice dahhhling, had to, couldn't believe it the first time :P

the folk on the BBC gardening mess board find it hard to stomach as well  and may well have complained ;)/shades x
grow your own way

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal