Author Topic: Gardenia  (Read 2111 times)

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
Gardenia
« on: November 19, 2006, 12:35:49 »
Hey.

I've ordered some seeds off the net. even though they're from australia...i checked it was the right species.

Can you grow them outside? I understad they're incredibly fussy....but all sites i've read suggest that you can grow them in this country as a hedge or a bush.

My mum used to have them beofre she passed away. and in the evening she always used to go outside and site near them...and then when she came back she used to be covered in the scent.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Re: Gardenia
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 13:09:11 »
i am very tempted to buy them myself they smell devine :-)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 18:31:48 »
As long as the temperature does not drop below 15c they will do outside. But even in our mild climate down here, every night is down about 5c for the next 3 months.

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 18:35:36 »
As long as the temperature does not drop below 15c they will do outside. But even in our mild climate down here, every night is down about 5c for the next 3 months.

so it's a no then lol.

That's kewl. I'll just grow it as a large indoor bush.

muddy boots

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 18:56:34 »
Wahaj, don't forget, will be fine when you finally get your greenhouse going, just tuck it up in there for the winter  ;D

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 20:03:12 »
Wahaj, don't forget, will be fine when you finally get your greenhouse going, just tuck it up in there for the winter  ;D

well...depends really....if it continues to flower....i'll be keeping it in my bedroom lol.

the greenhouse will never get finished. in about 10 years time i'll be on one of those programs where they show people that started projects 10 years ago but still haven't finished them lol.

muddy boots

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 19:31:23 »
Don't you believe it!  Mine went up after terrible bricklayer did two courses of bricks for it which fell over - more sand than cement!  Brother in law, laid small layer of concrete for footings, laid course of two bricks - nice and solid - proper mix and spirit level used frequently!  And bingo, beautifully anchored greenhouse.

Actually, did lay a little brick wall meself which is still standing!  Amazing what you can do with a little determination, the correct mix and a spirit level!

Dispair not ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal