Author Topic: GGGGRRRR Autumn!  (Read 837 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
GGGGRRRR Autumn!
« on: November 21, 2006, 18:20:23 »
I love it, I love the change of the season, I love the nip in the air, I love the colour of the leaves, BUT NOT WHEN I AM SPENDING EVERY DAY IN OTHER PEOPLES GARDENS PICKING THEM UP!  Good job I get paid.  Oh well, on the upside, had some lovely home made biscuits from a lovely lady today with a big mug of hot coffee.  Soon be winter, then I can moan about cold, wet toes!

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re: GGGGRRRR Autumn!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 18:25:35 »
D'you mean that they will pay me to pick up our leaves from their frontage??

We might afford Christmas!!

muddy boots

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 19:43:27 »
As we walked to the pub for the traditional gathering with friends on a Sunday lunchtime - apologies to those who aren't of the same persuasion - my OH remarked to an elderly gentleman who was sweeping the leaves from outside his home, how nice it was to see someone still doing it and saving others from the hazard of slipping on said leaves in wet weather!

So, EJ, thank you for doing that and glad you got a good cup of hot coffee for doing it!  We have lots of mobile elderly folks in this village and it certainly helps them  :D

Lady of the Land

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 22:24:54 »
Emma are you allowed to take the leaves to your allotment for leaf mold.

I came home the other day to see a neighbour raking up the leaves from his lawn - i went and asked whether I could have them for leaf mold he gave me that sack and have had a further 2 sacks since.

I keep saying to my son I must try and find some time to take my rake and some sacks and go to nearby park to collect some more.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 22:40:15 »
I can, although the last garden today wanted them for their own pile.  My allotment has already been well rewarded with compost and several sacks of well shredded soft garden prunings.  And, to keep my leaves in, well, you know the large wire cages that you see big stones in at the garden centres, well, I have one of those now thanks to my boss.  Just perfect!  ;D

Thank you MB - the gardens and paths do look better once all the leaves are gone, and the paths were quite slippery!

Tim, tis what I am hoping!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal