Author Topic: Goldfish  (Read 3131 times)

Chloe

• Half Acre
  • I am very proud of that
Goldfish
« on: April 25, 2004, 18:09:59 »
Hi,

Do you think goldfish can get sunburnt?  I know it sounds a daft question but my baby Sunny looks just as though he has sunburn.  Not sure if I should treat the pond with something or not.  He always seems to be in the wars where all the babies are fine.

Oh, he has these marks on the top of his head where it is always sticking out of the water, and he is always where the sun is shining on the pond.
Chloe:)

Margaret

• Hectare
  • My precious granddaughter Lauren
Re:Goldfish
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2004, 20:19:13 »
Hello Chloe.

No i would not treat the pond,no need when it is only one fish.Do the marks on the top of his head look sore?Hold him gently in a wet towel and just rub some savlon on them,it is a well recognised fact that it is as good for treating fish wounds and sores as humans!!

Whether it is actually sunburn I could not say.My fish do some daft things but I have never heard of this one!!
Margaret

Chloe

• Half Acre
  • I am very proud of that
Re:Goldfish
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2004, 20:27:13 »
Thank you Margaret.  No they don't look sore, he always seems to have bits knocked off of him.  He is rather big and there is plenty of stuff in the pond and he always seems to go where there doesn't look enough room for him to go.  As he was my very first fish and he loves to show off and comes to me when I call him, I do tend to worry about him.

I will keep my eye on him though.
Chloe:)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal