Author Topic: Goldfish  (Read 1991 times)

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
Goldfish
« on: November 13, 2006, 22:26:11 »
My 3 goldfish...i've had them for just over a month now...and they sit on my bedside table. i find the sound of the water pump so relaxing lol.

sally_cinnamon

• Acre
  • "A posse ad esse" - From possibility to actuality
    • Got a new website - still not finished!!
Re: Goldfish
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 16:54:02 »
Cute - what are their names?
 :)
Thank you to all who donated to the Moonlight Half Marathon Walk in aid of St Catherine's Hospice - my mum and I raised just over £300!!!    ............     Thanks!  :-)

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 20:31:45 »
Cute - what are their names?
 :)

um....2 little red ones and the big yellow one? lol. i didn't give them names to be honest....i never have with pets...i always find it a bit odd.

But when i got them....they were all in seperate tanks. i picked the ones i wanted and the lady put them all in one bag. since then....the red ones always stick together and the yellow one always mothers them and breaks up fights. when they look a bit fearful, the red ones hide in the ship thing and the yellow ones stands guard outside.

it's sweet lol.

sally_cinnamon

• Acre
  • "A posse ad esse" - From possibility to actuality
    • Got a new website - still not finished!!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 10:27:32 »
Bless!  I've got two - also have no names!  One is tiny compared to the other and when we first got them the little one was like a shadow, kept following the big one around!  Had them about six years now.   ;)
Thank you to all who donated to the Moonlight Half Marathon Walk in aid of St Catherine's Hospice - my mum and I raised just over £300!!!    ............     Thanks!  :-)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 12:33:03 »
Some here will remember Maureen, the Goldfish-with-Attitude?

She was a little wee fry along with 3 others when I bought her.....the others went and Maureen lived on....and on.....and on.....and on. Thought we were heading for the Guinness Book of Records ::)  She was in her late 20s (I think) when she died a couple of years ago....old age had turned her yellow scales all shimmery silver...life's very quiet now that she's gone. She was a frighful nag.

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 17:29:00 »
My son has two goldfish. Frankie was won at the fair. I know I shouldn't have let him get it but I felt so sorry for the poor little fish...my daughter won Benny at the fair too. Benny died a couple of days later. So I bought them another one which my son has named Roger.  I laughed the other day when I remembered there was a Frankie Rogers on Brookie wasn't there!

In feng shui goldfish are thought to be baby dragons who achieve their final form when they pass through the gates of heaven. Kindness to a goldfish is repaid ten fold after it's death...the reward you get for the protection of a dragon. Someone who doesn't look after their goldfish can expect to suffer greatly when the goldfish returns to haunt him. Death is not important to a goldfish as they don't really die but go on to return, but a good life, where it is cared for, is.

:)  :)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 17:56:36 »
Maureen certainly returned to give me veggies benefit, given where I buried her ;D

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 17:59:49 »
We have tropical fish. missus wants to get rid, remove filter and replace with goldfish. Not so sure.

Nextdoor neighbour has 2 goldfish........called 'Fish' & 'Chips'
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 18:40:35 »
See, it must be true then Lish lol!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal