Author Topic: GW live June 13-17  (Read 862 times)

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
GW live June 13-17
« on: November 06, 2006, 19:39:13 »
Hey,

Did you guys hear? next year they'll be doing the sow in birmingham nec along with other BBC programs. they're a bit annoyed at the BBC forums cos it'll cost more money to go.

I'd love to go next year...i've never been to any garderning show...or....anything gardening related.

Has anyone else ever been to it? what was it like.....and what happens....do you get to buy stuff etc?

plimsoll plot2

• Quarter Acre
  • Where my heart is
Re: GW live June 13-17
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 20:29:17 »
i went this year first time it was ok loads to buy, i met monte don and others from the show brought loads of plants for my plot.
were my heart is down at the plot

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 20:30:56 »
Wonder if GQT's open day will be on the same Saturday - have wanted to do both for the last 2 years but have gone to neither.
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 21:24:54 »
It is supposed to be bigger and better with  other exhibitions and shows going on at the same time. Something for everyone.

We will  be building another show garden there next year and have just submitted the design.

It is a gardeners garden show and I find it very friendly to work there and always plenty of room to see the exhibits, unlike Chelsea and Hampton Court.

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 09:44:21 »
I go quite often.  Last time I went on my own I used the train via Crewe.  I felt fine at Birmingham New Street queueing on the platform with my bags full of plants, felt a bit silly by the time I got off at Crewe....

I've found it to be a good one to take my elderly mum to as a lot is indoor and there's lots of opportunities to sit down and have a cuppa.  The indoor lights do make it a bit odd at the indoor plant stalls as they are a funny colour.

It is well organised ( although parking is £7 extra) if pricey.  I don't find the plants cheaper than local nurseries any more, when they first started it was a great place for bargains.

Best to go as early in the week as you can as the exhibits are at their best and the suppliers have plenty stocks.

If you fancy a bit of TV gardening celeb spotting, it's a good opportunity.  I've seen Alan T, Monty, Chris B ( small but perfectly formed) Pippa & Carol over the years.

I enjoy the outing as an event and an opportunity to look at lots of things I'd never buy and enjoy the show gardens and plant displays.
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal