Author Topic: strawberry icecream  (Read 2071 times)

darren2007

• Quarter Acre
strawberry icecream
« on: July 02, 2010, 11:50:32 »
hi all I'm after an easy recipe for strawberry icecream ( made without icecream maker ) all i can seam to find on the web are recipes using icecream makers any help would be grateful as i told kids i would make em some thanks

jennym

• Hectare
  • Essex/Suffolk border
Re: strawberry icecream
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 01:14:09 »
I did some strawberry ice lollies not so long ago, with just crushed strawberries and sugar in some of those plastic lolly moulds.
Have also just done strawberry and cream all mashed together and frozen, I don't have an icecream maker so had to keep taking it out of the freezer and beating it as it froze to stop it getting large ice crystals in it, think thats the only reason that folks use an ice cream maker.

redcoat

• Quarter Acre
  • Newcastle upon Tyne
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 08:01:44 »
I used to make 'instant icecream' for my children. 

Soft fruit, including strawberries, were cut into pieces and kept in the freezer.  When 'icecream' was needed, I put frozen fruit into the Magimix with plain yoghurt and whizzed.  Hey presto, icecream!!

It was always used when it was made, but someone might like to try freezing it and report back.

Admittedly, this is not a cordon bleu recipe, but it always hit the spot on a hot day.

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 18:24:49 »
The easiest one I know of is to whip up a pint of double cream with three egg yolks and fold in the three egg whites  (also whipped stiff) with 4ozs sugar. Freeze for an hour, whip again. then fold in very finely chopped fruit and re freeze.

This is best served after an hour or two in the freezer as a soft ice cream.

After watching a programme on tv about making ice cream industrially, I can not think that we will have a hope in matching the results they get because we are now used to a 'softer' ice cream than can be made at home in a domestic freezer.

I just buy a good vanilla ice cream and serve it with a load o ffresh  strawberries and pour on some which have gone through the liquidiser to form a sort of puree.

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 18:32:31 »
You can use any ice cream maker recipe, but just get it out of the freezer every half and hour and whisk. A pain in the bum, but will work.

darren2007

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 18:43:44 »
thanks all give it a try tomorrow

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal