Author Topic: My update  (Read 717 times)

Money_Bunny

• Half Acre
    • Blogging in Bulgaria
My update
« on: October 27, 2006, 02:09:20 »
I posted this some time ago and thought I'd update you all on what's been happening.

Welcome back from someone else who's been awol for a while.

My father has been in hospital for 6 weeks or so and getting on the comp has been very hectic. I've missed this site and the banter so much and not managed to spend nearly enough time down at the lottie lately.

Didn't help that my partner had an accident at work (fingers and machinery don't go well together) and was in a different hospital miles away last week too. My poor little car is almost worn out now!

But things are looking up and I'm hoping to be on here more often even though dad's still in hospital but stable.

Well my dad finally got out of hospital (after about 5 months) 5 weeks ago but has had to go into a care home where he'll spend the rest of his days, unfortunately his body and brain have decided that he won't be getting any better so he needs 24hr a day care. Sad but at least he's safe and looked after, never thought this would happen yet since he's only 64!

OH is still off work and will be till after xmas now. After 2 operations he ended up losing most of his index finger (right hand and he's right handed of course!!) but his work is being brilliant about it (even though the compensation claim is in)

Got myself a part time job to bring some extra money in so unfortunately the lottie now looks totally neglected. Hate my new job (school kitchen) but I've decided to go to university next year and study nursing, which is a big change as I've been in the catering and pub industry since leaving school.

We've had trouble with the horses too cos some inconsiderate person(s) keeps taking the fences down!!! So I'm not too popular with the local police force who had to chase 4 galloping horses down our local bridle and cycle way!!

Our computer problems are now fixed (for the time being) as I've rebuilt the blummin thing and added extra memory, a bigger hard drive and a new sound/graphics card.

Please don't think I'm having a whine, but I thought you might like an update. I hope everyone's doing well and looking forward to halloween and christmas. I know our kids are lol

Take care and happy gardening  :-*

British Ex-pat now living and gardening in Bulgaria.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: My update
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 10:27:20 »
sorry to hear about all the challenges, hope you've had all yours for now  ;)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal