Author Topic: A Solicitor's Letter  (Read 1421 times)

Palustris

• Hectare
A Solicitor's Letter
« on: October 17, 2006, 17:53:12 »
Thought that might get your attention.
Wonder if any of the older (in terms of length of posting not years!) can remember the details of the Solicitor's letter incident on the Beeb, especially why it was written and how we came to believe she wrote it herself. Also a date approximately would be nice. Pretty please!

Gardening is the great leveller.

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
Re: A Solicitor's Letter
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 18:13:43 »

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 19:44:31 »
I'm thinking that's not the solicitor's letter Eric's referring to, Owl ;D... ah, Eric, I remember it well....well, actually not all the details but might be able to come up with something a bit later, or tomorrow - unless anyone else can supply details now?

Poor lady.....it involved hedgehogs & November 5th, an abysmal piece of doggerel, a 'Solicitor's Letter'(?!)  & eventually she became rather ill & was taken away?

Yep, those were the days ::)

You want the info here or by PM, btw?

Oh and WHY? You writing a book?

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 19:46:33 »
Here!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 19:50:02 »
Here what/where/when/how Dan ???

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 19:52:54 »
The info, I've heard reference to 'the letter', but don't know the details.

Always wondered.

Dan

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 19:56:50 »
Ahhhhh!!

OK, but it means me looking back in my hard copy files later......thing is, asked Eric if he wanted it by PM cos this lady obviously was a little.......ill?...and it might seem a bit unkind....

ALTHOUGH it was a bloody good laugh at the time  ;D ;D ;D

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 20:15:44 »
Here will do nicely. I think the person is in all probability no longer with us in the corporeal sense. No names, no pack drill. Thought the hedgehog thing was separate though. Sadly it occured when we were on a different machine which crashed so I have no records from that far back!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 17:32:28 »
RIGHT-O Eric,

Think this needs a bit of brain-stormin' and as mine's gone walkabout at the mo, I'm not a good use to you. BTW.WHY do you want to know? You've not answered that?

What I can say, tho, is that, yes, it had its origins in the autumn mists of the newly-created Ablative Childrens' Board.....remember that? It was when Auntie Beeb, dying year gathering upon us, gardening slowing down, kiddies in front of the tele after school drinking cocoa & snuggling up to the cushions on the sofa before bed flicking through the Innovations Catalogue for Christmas Gifts for Mum and Dad, decided to launch a New Board......"Gardening WITH Children"...and asking for suggestions..

And so...we did ;D ;D ;D 

Remember the book '1001 Uses for your Cat'?

Well, the suggestions for utilizing a small child were numerous and became more and more inventive....

And then, into this general hysteria, Miss H***er, posted this Most Abysmal but Oh-So-Serious Non-rhyming, Non-scanning Piece of Doggerel she said she  inflicted upon our Little Ones in Schools about the Dangers of Lighting Bonfires Before First Checking the Site for Dormant Hedgehogs......

And so we responded (as you do) in kind...... :o ;D

Hugh Fernley Whittingstall eat your heart out ;D

Ringing any bells yet?

Oh, and the Date of the Demise (or Forcible Removal?) of Miss H from the Beeb Boards.....October 2002

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 17:42:06 »
Thanks Lishka, most of it comes back to me now I missed the 'poem' as we were away and by the time we got back most of the postings had been removed.
It was someone on the present BBc site who was asking, mainly about people who had been posting on there for a long time.
What I would really like to have been able to read was the actual letter sent puporting to be from her Solicitor though. That I do remember as being absolutely hystorically funny.
Ah well, thanks for thinking. My brain died years ago.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 18:07:29 »
SNAP! ERIC :'(

What I DO have (which dates the episode) is a poem which Rosie wrote in reply to Ms H's - but not for general circulation? - which specifically allludes to hedgehogs, recipes, breakdown......it's dated November 3rd 2002.....so quite specific, then?

I can remember 'prodding-a-mod' (Camilla, her of the long red fingernails & platform heels = just the person, then, to mod a gardening board? )that  Things Weren't Right in God's Good Land......

It was after that that we had deletions & then a Message From Her Sponser that she had been ill and emotional and under stress......

STRESS? I'd had a total collapse of me runner beans!! Now THAT's stress!!

;D

Ragged Robin

• Acre
  • Slugs and snails .....be afraid.... be very afraid
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2006, 22:20:16 »
 OMG! wow you lot ! those were the days , I remember at the time being an innocent (yes, those were the days!) to message boards and sitting bemused at the aforementioned postings! Can't add any useful information but ta for stirring the dormant memory cells!
Happy gardening, Robin x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal