Author Topic: labels  (Read 2694 times)

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
labels
« on: April 13, 2004, 15:16:01 »
Last year, I used so called permanent marker pen on labels - but this didn't last. I think there was a thread over in Kitchen Garden mag on labels and one suggested to use a Dymo label thingy. I managed to get one of these after Christmas - the Junior label thingy is less than a £10, and tapes are often sold over on eBay. I am trying them this year, and so far, all seems ok. IT is, however, tedious and hand-aching to do the labels.
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
Re:labels
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 15:31:16 »
I've used a fine-tipped permanent white board marker on plastic labels (made by cutting up shampoo/bubble bath bottles). This is my first attempt at labelling and it's working well. The ink has not run/smudged yet. But then I'm only using it for seeds - I don't bother labelling things once they are in the ground - especially in the flower garden it looks quite horrid!
gone to pot :D

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 21:50:14 »
I cut up margarine tops and use a spirit based permanent marker. There are also pens especially made for writing on CD's that are good, but more expensive. If there's a problem with the ink 'not sticking, rub the plastic with a drop of lighter fuel, petrol, surgical spirit or Martell 3*** brandy.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 23:21:08 »
I use ice cream tubs, once they are empty of course  :P, and a permanent marker.  I have never been as label efficient as I am this year!

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 10:09:40 »
I bought some lables of Ebay and what they seem to be are white plastic lables and one side is painted black with the pack I got a plastic pen with the end looks like a sharpened nail and you scratch the name on the lable using the black side,
Advertised as long lasting permanent lables got these for the fushias.
So get your nails sharpened and black paint out

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal