Author Topic: Mild, or mildly odd....  (Read 1781 times)

trojanrabbit

• Half Acre
  • There are those who call me... Pete
Mild, or mildly odd....
« on: October 09, 2006, 13:06:30 »
I'm afraid I promised an update on the beer I made some while ago, then failed to give one. I tried one bottle a bit young, then things got busy for a month or so, you know how it goes.
I seem to recall Lishka, Katy and Misty were particularly interested...

The result is most definitely a dark mild. I reckon it's actually not missing much for having no hops, and has come out tasting not unlike one I tried at Sheffield beer festival the week before last.
The main thing is the fizz, or lack thereof. I know mild isn't supposed to be very lively, but this just doesn't really sparkle at all. It may be that too much of the yeast had died by the time I bottled it, but I think it more likely that I needed to prime it more. We'll try another couple of bottles this week and I'll let you know.  ;D

BTW If it ever stops raining for 10 minutes when I'm not tied up, then I plan to harvest some hops growing on the edge of some allotments nearby - they're going past a little now but I think they should be OK.  8)

cheers
PB

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Mild, or mildly odd....
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 21:25:31 »
Missed the Sheffield Fest but we have a winter fest in the new year in Sunny Derby and the Brunswick pub is having a fest in a week or two... right by the railway station....
I'm a mild drinker myself... there are still some of us about!
 ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal