Author Topic: Free(ish) walking sticks  (Read 1846 times)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Free(ish) walking sticks
« on: October 08, 2006, 19:19:24 »
I hope you've had your tea, this might take a little explaining!
I had an Email awhile back asking if I had 'reject' sticks that I could let go at a knock-down price...mmmm! Well, last week I had another one with a little more explanation from someone else and it made me think.
The second E mentioned that not everyone has the capability or the spare cash or nor do they live in an area which enables them to go walking all that often so buying a 'proper' stick doesn't come close to being a priority. So, although having a walking companion is a nice thing to have, it's not exactly top of the list of 'must have's'. So, (the question goes).... 'Do I have any worked on sticks which would be good enough to walk about with but not one quite so posh?'
The answer is yes!
Of all the sticks I spend time on making, there is a certain amount that I take as far as I can but due to all sorts of reasons I don't take them all the way to the finish stage. I don't discard them, I usually pass them on to family or friends or even hang them on a tree in my local wood for others to pick up and use but I don't put them up for sale because I don't consider them quite good enough to sell.
So, to answer the Emails and maybe help a stick fill a friendly hand now and then I'm asking if anyone would like to own a reliable and worthwhile stick which is not quite up to the standard I normally offer?
There is a small cost that would have to cover P&P and materials and a bit for A4A but will work out at quite a bit less than normal.
Contact me below if this suits you.
Ken.

silly billy

• Acre
Re: Free(ish) walking sticks
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 20:20:19 »
"or even hang them on a tree in my local wood for others to pick up and use"

What a great thing to do  ;D ;D

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in. Bill Shankly.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 16:10:29 »
You should all grab a stick. the one i recieved last week that i ordered a while ago was absolutely great, my husband is very pleased with it.
 Go for it folks. ;D ;D ;D.  Rosebud.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 16:15:15 »
Hi

wow, what do you make the poles out of?

I have been looking for a couple of logish poles for nordic type walking rather than the shorter walking sticks.

c7

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal