Author Topic: Progress Report  (Read 1474 times)

Ragged Robin

• Acre
  • Slugs and snails .....be afraid.... be very afraid
Progress Report
« on: April 09, 2004, 20:50:11 »
Isn't it nice when the sun shines.....spent the afternoon in the veggie patch.....

So far....
Garlic going great guns;
Carrots just appearing...hopefully do 2nd sowing tomorrow;
Over-wintered broad beans in flower(!),spring sown ones doing nicely;
1st sowing of peas up and doing well....2nd sowing in:
lettuce, chard and spinach all showing,
strawberries ...some already in flower....dont think they'll survive!
...and 1st early spuds (Kareena)..through and doing well

.....ready now for more sowing tomorrow....

Ah Bliss!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 20:51:31 by Ragged Robin »
Happy gardening, Robin x

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re:Progress Report
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 22:37:21 »
Wowsers RR!  I have peas through, altho not as many as I sowed, they seemed to have been eaten in the ground, lots of wee holes in the seeds, so I shall sow another load tomorrow.  Radish, Lambs lettuce and corn salad through.  Early broadies in flower, spring ones looking good, poking thru the tops of the pop bottle cloches, so removed them.  Lettuce also in bottle cloches and filling them quickly, so uncovered a few to see what the wild life does to them before I expose the lot.  Planted beetroots, parsnips and caulis that I had started in cells.  Kohl Rabi looking strong and the slugs have left well alone, but then the old chaps on the site use slug pellets like pepper!  Fruit bushes are in flower and the apple trees are going to look stunning in a couple of weeks.  No sign of carrots yet, but they were old seed, so will sow another couple of rows tomorrow as back up.  Spuds not yet through, but they have only been in a couple of weeks.  Will probably get my maincroppers in tomorrow, time permitting.  Ooo, and pulled another 3 leeks from last years crop.  Delish!!

Ain't life grand RR!

Ragged Robin

• Acre
  • Slugs and snails .....be afraid.... be very afraid
Re:Progress Report
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 09:56:01 »
.....good aint it....
Happy gardening, Robin x

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal