Author Topic: Work's begun...  (Read 3305 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Work's begun...
« on: April 09, 2004, 19:04:28 »
No stopping him!  I got home from the allotment at lunch time, and by the time I had finished my cheese on toast he had started digging!

Here you can see the conifer in the neighbours garden which causes this area to be incredibly dry in the summer.  I have tried growing things in this bed, but they really do struggle.

But of course things never go to plan.  As Ava started to dig he came across this drain pipe about 12 inches or so down.  This will now serve as the 'shelf'.

He dig dig dig dig dig dig dig dig digs, works the whole day through......

So, hole is dug, spoil is dumped at the moment....tonite and tomorrow more planning and money spending!  ;D

jethro

Re:Work's begun...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 19:39:15 »
Watch the pipe Ej it'a a sewer pipe break it and your doomed i tell you, doomed

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 11:57:25 »
You and us both, then! We were out in the glorious Friday sunshine digging (see can you dig it). Pond now complete, bar a bit of fiddling with the slope of the beach.

We'll have to wait until we've shifted the pile of soil and pile of clay, then dug over the bed next to the pond before we can fill it!

I'm impressed Ava could dig it all by himself in one day, but then from the looks of the picture, mine is bigger than yours  :P ;D
gone to pot :D

ava_banana

• Acre
  • EmmaJane's handyman
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 15:18:15 »
Well, did a bit more digging yesterday, just to take it to the depth we want......and to make a little shallow slope area, and a couple of shelves for marginals etc..........

.......liner we need is 13' by 13', so it is not a huge pond........but in keeping with where it is  ;D
....we are all visitors to this earth........enjoy your stay.....:)

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 15:22:06 »
OK, so yours is bigger than mine after all. I need about 12ft x 10ft liner. (that still seems huge!)
gone to pot :D

ava_banana

• Acre
  • EmmaJane's handyman
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 17:22:47 »
Mine is longer.......but thinner....... ::) ;)

.....I included the shallow/beachy bit in that width......and from front to back, it is only 5 foot, however, i have to allow for the 22 inch depth.......plus an up-and-over to go over the pipe.......pipe will finish some 10 inches below waterlevel........so to be honest....we probably need 13' by 11' ....

.....won't get much done this week, but gonna go and buy the liner..... ;D
....we are all visitors to this earth........enjoy your stay.....:)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal