Author Topic: Only me  (Read 797 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Only me
« on: September 19, 2006, 18:16:04 »
Got back sunday from my hols, had a fantastic time on the French canals. Drank gallons of red wine ate tons of cheese and bread. Tried the frogs legs and snails, very tasty.

As I arrive home I noticed a lighting factory sale in Cowes. So I popped in for a look and took home loads of garden lighting systems that they were selling at a fiver each. pond lights, stainless towers. decorative arch lights, decking systems, also modern household lights. Paid out £85 for about £600 worth.

I have been busy since I got back, I have started an evening course on bricklaying and have a great big job in a huge garden that needs grubbing out and replanting. It is an old victorian style house so we will try and keep the garden in keeping with the house.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Only me
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 18:20:02 »
Welcome home Ace.  Sounds like you had a fabbaroonee time on your hols.  And what bargains!  We are after new lights for the conservatory to go in the new planter.....I might nip over!  ;)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 18:41:05 »
ACE Glad you had a great holiday. I am keeping fingers crossed for a visit to the Vendee area in the spring to visit relations. Hopefully six of us going in sons 7 seater. EJ says it is a lovely area.
Now why wasn't that  factory sale on in June!!!? Cor I would have enjoyed myself.
Don't forget pics of your holiday and some when you are "doing" the garden at the Victorian style house.
Regards Lorna

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 18:47:13 »
YESSS! ACE is BACK!!!

(not that you've been missed, like..) ::)

Looking forward to pix of hol, great bargains at the lighting place (and we were getting all excited about seeds at Wyvale for 25p a pack :-\) and sounds like a lovely job you've got...bricklaying course sounds great. The apprentices at the local college have to make a wall with a big hole in it for their exams 8)

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 19:35:11 »
We're just back from hols too.....two weeks sailing in Croatia - IDYLLIC! Weather was wonderful until our last two shore days in Dubrovnik, when the heavens opened. Was relieved to be on land even if it wasn't dry.

It's a beautiful region, island hopping round the most beautiful clear water I have ever seen. Amazing.

Good luck with your course ACE - am very envious about your lighting bargains - could have taken a quick dash to the coast if we'd known! ENJOY!

CLx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal