Author Topic: Easter  (Read 2595 times)

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
Easter
« on: April 07, 2004, 18:16:11 »
My first Easter Chick

Easter Eggs?
Earth fills her lap with treasures of her own.

Chaz Hunter

• Half Acre
  • Creator of my own little world...
Re:Easter
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 18:50:28 »
 :) Nice one BB, noticed the green/yellow feathers in the nest box..do you breed selectively or just let them all "get on with it"? When I bred budgies I got so involved that I would work out the colour genetics for each pairing using information on previous generations...nearly drove me mad in the end and got so predictable that there was no element of surprise. Do you name your birds?

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 18:58:26 »
I like them to choose there own mates (wouldn't like anyone choosing mine) nice surprise then when they start to feather up.
Yes all my favourites have names but the others just get Mr. Green Mrs.Blue etc.

Ozzy aka Pothead

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 18:06:18 »
They looks mad BB.... u know that birdies are closest ancestors to dinosaurs... and that fella/missy may be lil now.. but what with all this global warming and advances in genetic engineering.. dont you think that you are just taking one too many chances BB? eh?  what if that aint what u think it is? then turns out to be a BIG MASSIVE Brontesaurus with wings and beak and big big teeth that like to eat peeps up with and goes around eating everyone up cept u cus it think u iz his mommy??  but then again... if u knows what you is doing... nothing sez that big dinorsaury hybrid birdie has to be wiped out cuz we all gotta live somewhere... and you maybe lucky and have a nice small wee budgie that goes around eating peeps up cuz it is shapeshifter budgie and can go from cute lil tweet tweet to BIG MASSIVE GRRREEWWWWWWEEEEET TWEEEETGRRRRR and I is babblin BB so better hit post and get back to me guests,,,,, guests hahhhahhahhaha mahn be glad wen they iz gone... they is gone but still here... i is gone but is my house thats why i iz here,,,,

Oz

xxxxxxxx
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 18:37:19 by Ozzy aka Pothead »

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 19:22:06 »
 :)Amazing BB - where is mum or dad, are they close by or do they just get left to their own devices to come into the world.  Don't forget to let us see a pic of them with their feathers.
Happy gardening all...........Pat

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2004, 20:22:55 »
I got mum to move Patricia reluctantly i must say .She dive bombed me whilst i was taking the picture,Normally she will sit whilst they are all hatched at least,Then most of the time one parent will sit until they get bigger.Dad usually feeds Mum who then feeds babies.Yes i'll keep you updated then we can see what colours they are.

SueT

• Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2004, 21:11:30 »
Awww cute nakey baby  :-*
Sue

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2004, 22:58:35 »
Hope all the rest hatch for you too BB. Would love to see pics once they 'feather up'.  :D

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2004, 23:15:19 »
aaawwww!  Budgie Burger Brilliant!  I'm not showing the kids though, we are currently going through the...'can we have a rabbit...can we have a puppy...can we have a kitten....can we have a mouse.....' stage.  I will only have to find an excuse why we can't have a budgie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal