Author Topic: Cassie is 17  (Read 2240 times)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
Cassie is 17
« on: August 28, 2006, 08:44:20 »
My dog Cass was 17 sometime during August. Not sure when her actual birth day is exactly as she was a rescue dog. She was six months old when I got her. Had to wait for ages to pick her up from the Cat and Dog Shelter as she was poorly. I phoned the place everyday,I was worried incase someone got to her before me as you can't reserve an animal. 

She has been a heap of trouble lol !   Springs for legs and crossed with a whippet... "Devastating Leopard Dog" my friend Steve once renamed her. 

She's travelled.  France,Holland and Germany. She did the old six months quarantine,has been on the end of a Pit Bull Terrier and has nearly drowned on a number of occassions. 

She loves the beach but drives you mad with constant barking. She snores so loud you can't hear the tv. When she has a drink of water she always burps a bit back onto the floor  ::)  She growls at the cat but lets him sleep in her bed.

She's as funny as can be and I love her to bits. Happy Birthday Cassie!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 12:57:32 by Heldi »

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
Re: Cassie is 17
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 08:56:33 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Happy Birthday Cassie!!

What a gorgeous face! I have a weakness for whippets, so I am sure the most lovable bits of her are the whippet bits!

Are we having treats today?

;)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 09:19:44 »
She is still a fine looking dog in spite of the grey hairs ;D My King Charles has the barking habit, she can see people through the wrought iron fence so have just put up an inner fence (well young Lorna did) to stop her yapping. a neighbour opposite is a prison officer and sometimes has to work nights,she assures me Elsa doesn't wake her up but I try to be considerate. Elsa is 6, 7 next month and I keep threatening her that if she doesn't alter her ways she won't be here when she is 7. (only joking of course)
Happy birthday Cassie.

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 16:42:43 »
Ah bless her Heldi, isn't she doing well.  Belated Happy Birthday to Cassie.
But tell me how did you manage to drape Spook over a green pumpkin? ;D

MM

Bluejane

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 16:58:30 »
What a lovely dog - she's got a really kind, funny (as in humorous) look about her. She looks (and sounds) like a real character. Happy birthday to Cassie!

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 22:10:55 »
Happy birthday you dawg  and may all your bones be big ones.  xxx
Smile, it confuses people.

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 09:46:28 »
I would say Cassie says "woof" to you all but really it's more of a "snarf" kind've sound.

Well she is slowing down quite a bit but the vet recently said she is in fantastic condition so I'm happy about that.

She had a little holiday at Fred's last week. She loves it there. One of the reasons is because she eats her tea as fast as a fast thing then goes and scoffs all the other inmates grub before they even realised it's there!  Surprised Fred doesn't charge us extra for her board!  Cassie returns home as fat as a barrel with a very satisfied look about her  ;)

I lost her once.  When in Germany,we were having the house decorated. Cassie was a complete pain and wouldn't leave the workmen alone. She ended up with go faster stripes along her flanks from getting inbetween the brush and the surface to be painted. The tip of her tail was covered in white gloss so I made her go into the sitting room and stay in there.  She somehow got out. She was nowhere to be found. I was quite worried as there was a big forest at the end of the back garden and in Germany they are very strict about stray dogs...rabies.   The decorators had gone off for lunch. I hunted high and low. Searched the whole house,which included cellars. Out to the back garden...no sign.  Went back up stairs to look out of the front window to see if she was out there. Couldn't see her. Decorators van outside house...the guys were having their break...and who was sitting inbetween them enjoying their sandwiches.....Cassie!   

Money_Bunny

• Half Acre
    • Blogging in Bulgaria
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 10:49:15 »
Happy birthday Cassie!

She's beautiful and the absolute double of our Penny, who passed away 10 days before xmas at almost 18 yrs old, she was also a rescue dog and forever getting into trouble!!!

Unfortunately Penny liked to go wandering if given the chance (the staff at the RSPCA centre called her Houdini because of it) and was bumped by an elderly man in his car on her last wander :'(

She's buried in the garden here and will always be in my heart, never could I forget my best friend of 17 yrs.
British Ex-pat now living and gardening in Bulgaria.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 22:57:22 »
Awwww, am I too late to say "Happy Birthday Cassie" - it's still August, isn't it?

Lovely face, lovely dog, lovely anecdotes, H. ;D

Emm P

• Half Acre
    • Living History
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 13:31:14 »
Very belated birthday wishes to Cassie.
She is doing very well, isn't she.

I noticed this topic, because one of my dogs is called Cassie. She is an 8 years old whippet.
 :)
No outfit is complete - without dog hairs!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal