Author Topic: knackerd but contented  (Read 1715 times)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
knackerd but contented
« on: September 10, 2006, 19:16:42 »
You don't need me to tell you how good it feels to come in after a hard days work in the garden and feel pleased with what you've dpne. We have spent the afternoon splitting our pool plants. Tony hates the frogs and leeches. He reminds me of Humphrey Bogart in the African Queen when he came out of the water covered in those leeches. he makes the same noise" eeeeeeeeeeeeeee". Thats if any of you remember the film. When it comes on we turn the sound down and say the words lol. Going to my daughter Bunjy's plot tomorrow to help her . Will take some pics at the end of the day for you to see. I know that I will feel even better than I do today. Don't know why but I feel great when I seem to have achieved the impossible. Sad ain't I
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: knackerd but contented
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 21:49:36 »
Definitely not sad!!! Glad you had a good day. I am also knackered :) Been shredding those flipping conifer branches nearly all day,  had to come in for a break a couple of times. It was really hot out there and this old girl can't work as hard as she used to ;D Hope you have another good day tomorrow.
Lorna

muddy boots

• Half Acre
Re: knackerd but contented
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 18:16:51 »
How pleased you must be!  This year, renovated a 10' x 7' pond - completely removing fish, frogs, newts et al!  Was such hard work but now is just so satisfying - you should see the birds bathing in the bath with a pump in it - ancient Rome has nothing on this!  Sorry, haven't got the hang of posting photos yet but I am just so pleased for you because I know just how your back was aching and everything hurts and then you just look again and it's all worth it!  Congratulations! ;D ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal