Author Topic: complaints  (Read 2896 times)

Travman

• Half Acre
  • Castleford, West Yorkshire anybody near me
    • castown fc
complaints
« on: September 08, 2006, 19:37:58 »
Had several complaints today from other plot holders! >:(
Is it about weeds?--NO !!!
Rubbish on site?-----NO !!!
Fires--------------------NO !!!
So what?????

------Give up------

My  pumpkin patch  is drawing people in to the site to look at them !!!
and they don't like it!
They want me to do something to stop them????????
LIKE WHAT ????
The site does have a gate and padlock  but some of the older plotters cant unlock it so THEY leave it open ( the ones that are complianing)!!!!

Peed me right off it as !!!!

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
Re: complaints
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 20:29:51 »
LOL travman, the price of fame eh ;) envy is a terrible thing ;D

Seriously, we had a problem with some of the older plotholders leaving the gate open (all night :o) around the time I acquired a new greenhouse. The site sec was onto it like a rat up a drainpipe, and 'had words'. We knew who the culprits were. If we left earlier than they did, we would make a point of telling them they were on their own and reminding them to lock up, every time. It did involve a lot of trudging around the plot to find them, but it worked eventually :)

« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 21:44:47 by supersprout »

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 20:58:48 »
You need to be onto that sort of stuff; it's not only the possibility of theft, on my site, if the gate's left open for a while, then people start bringing prostitutes down. It's not very pleasant coming out of my plot and finding them at it in the lane outside!

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 18:44:00 »
Pro`s!!! :o

PS:How much an hour? :P :-X :-\

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 20:10:13 »
I've never asked.

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 20:25:12 »
I locked someones car in the other day, there was NO ONE on the site so I thought it was Gatwick Parking on the cheap, the plot holder had gone home for wheelbarrow!!!

Good job the tyres were still up when he got back :-X :-X :-X

Leonnie

• Acre
    • A Country Garden
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 22:00:50 »
I locked someones car in the other day, there was NO ONE on the site so I thought it was Gatwick Parking on the cheap, the plot holder had gone home for wheelbarrow!!!

Good job the tyres were still up when he got back :-X :-X :-X

oops! ;D

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 22:31:39 »
I caught someone in the lane once with a prostitute, and locked him in.

baggieboy

• Half Acre
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 22:39:53 »
Probably is jelousy. Ive been told my fence will be pinched cause its nice, when i reminded him i cemented it in he walked away. Older people poking at the plastic i put on a potting shed to extend it , to see if it was secure. People comenting my spade was nice and wouldent last long cause of theives.

The people bugging us are older people 70+ and maybe they dont like me being young and keeping things neat.

This is the only down side of owning an allotment , some pensioners will be jelous. But maybe its because they'd love to be in our shoes again

Sorry if im ramblimg again

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 00:22:48 »
Some people are jealous of the younger generation and some are just releasing a bit of knowledge I think.

Some are just enjoying talking to interested people but saying the same thing over and over cos it is part of their experience, happens in all walks of life and I do it myself sometimes.

You get to learn who to talk to and those that say the same thing over and over.

I think, for the most part, the older generation are quite pleased that some younger folk are keeping up "the tradition" of things like allotmements because it is, lets face it, a good idea with good reasons(organic)(envoironmentally sound)and also because it is something they understand(better than us youngsters) and believe in.

An interesting thing I heard on the radio the other day is that allotments in Worthing(the smaller sites) have become so popular that they have terminated the waiting lists because they are so long!!!

Good news for the future of plots but bad news for those waitig for a local one!!!............

The mixture of "new" info from A4A and the net versus older generation knowledge is interesting. Learn from both and use what you believe. In the end you live and learn just like they did. ;D ;D ;D

Great! If only I could live till 200 yrs old, I might become an expert!

Fun trying though................

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal