Author Topic: Lidls gardening items  (Read 2208 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Lidls gardening items
« on: September 04, 2006, 22:19:23 »
www.lidl.co.uk

Thursday 7th Sept, a selection of gardening implements.  I know sometimes the cheap stuff is...well cheap, but some of the bits I have picked up from Lidls have been great and served their purpose perfectly.  ;D

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
Re: Lidls gardening items
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 23:20:34 »
yep, the spade and fork are very good. lot of peeps on my site have them

i need new secateurs, btw
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 09:15:40 »
>:( I'm getting p**d off with Lidl >:( three times I set out to get a so called "Weekly special offer" and three times they have not had the stuff in to sell >:( Three times the staff used the same excuse that the stuff goes very quickly and three times I have told  them 'you must shift a lot of stuff in the first half hour of opening' ::)

None of their branches are close by to me (although there is one being built now) so I get very annoyed at rushing out and waisting my time >:( Anyone else had similar experiences ???

Rant ongoing ;D

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 10:37:13 »
For items which are obviously going to cause a lot of interest you should be outside the store when they open. I have known a queue to form before now! Lidl have so many stores in Britain they probably have to allocate quotas. But don't trash Lidl because you have found the items you particularly wanted were already gone - others did get there before you - believe me! - and at other times when you think something is a really 'hot' seller you will find them still stacked up a couple of days later.

Tricia

Shirley

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 11:32:38 »
It has been known that they stack the racks the evening before and sometimes the stuff goes before the shop closes that night.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 16:11:53 »
Yup Shirley.  My Nan in Devon always goes on a Sunday afternoon shortly before closing as they stack the Mondays specials then and she gets in quick!  Mum has joined the back of a queue before for something, and dashed in, but the specials were already all snapped up.  Our Lidls in Chelmsford gets packed when the specials are gardening.  Some OAP's get quite nasty!!

Shirley

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 16:15:09 »
watch it!  I'm one of them (OAP that is - not queue pusher!!) ;D

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 20:14:14 »
>:( I'm getting p**d off with Lidl >:( three times I set out to get a so called "Weekly special offer" and three times they have not had the stuff in to sell >:( Three times the staff used the same excuse that the stuff goes very quickly and three times I have told  them 'you must shift a lot of stuff in the first half hour of opening' ::)

None of their branches are close by to me (although there is one being built now) so I get very annoyed at rushing out and waisting my time >:( Anyone else had similar experiences ???

Rant ongoing ;D
They do have that problem Roy - people buy it then flog it on e-bay.  They sometimes restrict the number you can have but the 'traders' just take a van and a couple of mates and fill it up.  Tis they that pee me off, not the store.  Tis only like blackmarketeering in peace time.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 20:36:20 »
Have to say, think Lidls is great, only gripe I have is not having enough time to pack the blooming shopping bags... ::)
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 22:34:21 »
Sorry Shirley, I did mean it tongue in cheek  :-[.  I agree coznbob, that is my number one gripe!

greyhound

• Hectare
  • The Kingdom of Wessex
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 18:57:31 »
Got telescopic loppers (£3.99) today, they seem up to the job.

and a scrumping stick -  sorry, telescopic fruit picker - also £3.99, can reach all the best plums now!  According to the label it's made by a firm called Wanko .... ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal