Author Topic: Another day out! A link this time... (North Wales)  (Read 1598 times)

sally_cinnamon

• Acre
  • "A posse ad esse" - From possibility to actuality
    • Got a new website - still not finished!!
Another day out! A link this time... (North Wales)
« on: September 01, 2006, 16:14:25 »
Hello all,
One of these days I might just have some interesting gardening pictures to show!  Just thought I'd post these cos I know I love to see pics from around the country and Wales is so pretty that I hope others like to see them too.  I've posted a link to my photobucket album due to my disasterous attempts to post pics recently!  (However, I think I've learnt now, but don't have time today!)

The area is Llangollen, North Wales and the hill pictures are from the top of the Horseshoe pass.  Some of them are a bit random and quite a few were taken from the car on the way from Hawarden (I was a passenger at the time!) so lots of blurred trees and some internal mechanisms of the car sunroof!  Haven't had time yet to sort out the rubbish ones so they're still there...

Enjoy!

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i297/sally_cinnamon_photos/Wales%20Aug%20Bank%20Hol%202006/
Thank you to all who donated to the Moonlight Half Marathon Walk in aid of St Catherine's Hospice - my mum and I raised just over £300!!!    ............     Thanks!  :-)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Another day out! A link this time... (North Wales)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 16:55:52 »
Fab pics.  We went on a motorbike tour around there last year and stopped at the Ponderosa for a mug of tea!  ;D  Fab roads to be on a bike!!  ::)  And the pics of the canal brought back happy memories.....my darling and I met on a boating holiday on the Llangollen canal back in 1997.  Thanks for making me smile Sally!

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 18:43:05 »
Lovely photos Sally, like EJ they really take me back in time, I love Llangollen and used to visit regularly in the 70s, and did lots of walking in the mountains around there.  Have ridden a tandem over the aquaduct - not sure I could cope with the height now! :o  You make me want to go back, one day....

Thanks

T.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 14:46:55 »
Great photos Sally. I was evacuated to S Wales during the war. In the late 50's (before children) we decided to tour the whole of Wales (so that I could call on old friends) We were on solo motorbikes and it poured for 10days, we didn't care!! I just fell in love with North Wales and one day I will go back. Thanks for sharing those wonderful views.

sally_cinnamon

• Acre
  • "A posse ad esse" - From possibility to actuality
    • Got a new website - still not finished!!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 12:34:42 »
Thanks everyone!  Glad you enjoyed them...  I bet Llangollen has changed a lot over the years, on the day we went it was packed full of tourists and really reminded me of Windemere, the way that tourism seems to have taken over.  It was still lovely to visit though... :)
Thank you to all who donated to the Moonlight Half Marathon Walk in aid of St Catherine's Hospice - my mum and I raised just over £300!!!    ............     Thanks!  :-)

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 12:45:14 »
fun day
thaks for sharing :)
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal