Author Topic: What a weekend  (Read 853 times)

ACE

• Hectare
What a weekend
« on: September 03, 2006, 20:20:29 »
Rain, gales but sunshine for the last hour. That was the weather for the garden show we were showing at this weekend. We set up a small display based on our gardeners world live garden on friday. As it looked like rain we put up the gazebo to sit under. It rained all day saturday, not many people about so we went home early. Arrived this morning to find the wind had wrecked the garden and the gazebo had flown away.

Rebuilt the garden then stood in the howling wind, luckily there were loads of gardeners who do not worry what the weather is like, and we had a good day talking and advising people on their choice of plants for their gardens.

The sun came out for the last hour so at least we could pack up all our gear in the dry. Now all I have to do is deliver some plant orders and stack all the show props away then pack my case to go on holiday on Tuesday. I am cruising the Burgandy canals for 10 days and shall be trying out all the local bread, cheese and wine.

I shall have a very nice break and shall come back to start planning our gardens for next years Chelsea, Gardeners world and Hampton court.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: What a weekend
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 20:29:58 »
Think we'll be missing you more than you'll be missing us, ACE. ;D

Have a great time, I'm envying you already. Come back with lots of tales for us,  eh?

Lishka

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 20:48:28 »
 ;D

Cruising the canals eh? How romantic! Tell us all about it after?

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 22:58:04 »
Yes I am a silly old romantic, Ive got my jolly roger and a Jack Sparrow out -fit. She can imagine herself being spirited away by the pirates of the caribean. When I shout out 'wheres me buccineers' she will most probably reply with 'the're on the side your buccinhead' In reality it will be more like the African Queen. ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 23:03:22 »
Ace by name and ACE by character!! I am still grinning over your remarks as to how your good lady drinks her beer.. Have a great time and recharge your batteries, you deserve it. Having seen some of your work on Isle of White you sure are top man.
Lorna

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal