Author Topic: As promised some pics ;)  (Read 2639 times)

Chris Graham

• Hectare
  • Stirling, Scotland
    • Backyard
As promised some pics ;)
« on: August 22, 2006, 21:28:00 »
 ;D

Hi all,

Here are a few new images of the greenhouse and home made staging.

Looks not too bad  ::)

The Moneymaker tomato plant is looking good eh? Much better than my last attempt, altho the other plants do have a lot of tomatoes growing....but still not ripe  ;)         Is it getting too late in the season for growing toms?

Well anyway, on with the show.

See that last tomato image, thats a "Big Boy" and the only one on the whole plant !!!  hehehe

Yup i really am a beginner.

Astronomy, Veggies & Beer

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
Re: As promised some pics ;)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 23:43:12 »
 ;D

All looking very smart and tidy! Congrats!

;)

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 06:55:57 »
right, where's my hammer, nails and saw ????  i'm going to take a course in joinery over the weekend (my course) using yours as inspiration!

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 08:24:30 »
Hi Chris. That saved you quite a few bob!! All looking good, I have just had a look at your "Backyard" you have certainly done well in such a short time..Happy gardening.
Lorna

Chris Graham

• Hectare
  • Stirling, Scotland
    • Backyard
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 08:37:56 »
right, where's my hammer, nails and saw ????  i'm going to take a course in joinery over the weekend (my course) using yours as inspiration!

;D

It was very easy, and i dont really build much  ;)

Chris Graham

• Hectare
  • Stirling, Scotland
    • Backyard
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 08:38:59 »
Hi Chris. That saved you quite a few bob!! All looking good, I have just had a look at your "Backyard" you have certainly done well in such a short time..Happy gardening.
Lorna

Thanks for taking a look, we have done loads since we moved in on March.

Been lots of fun tho  ;)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 15:54:34 »
Nice staging, Chris 8) and looking through the g/house, still got loads of room for an extension? ;D

My very own tip for the toms you've got (except the one-and-only Big Boy - something to be cherished!) is...with falling light/heat levels now, remove the toms which are at a size you want & ripen them off in a box covered with n/paper, indoors, under a bed or something. Should relieve stress on the plant & bring the others on?

ruudbarb

• Half Acre
  • Let's get dirty and dig up the spuds..........
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 21:44:19 »
Hi Chris - I like the staging but my only neg thought is that the top looks like it may be of chipboard which won't take moisture.

As for the toms - they look very healthy but I wouldn't pick them until I was sure the weather is going to be cold and cloudy for the foreseeable future.  Tomatoes picked in the green are nowhere near as nice as those ripened in-situ on the GROWING vine  Just look at those crappy things on the vine on sale in supermarkets that are alleged to be 'full of flavour' but cost a hellaver lot more.  A big con!

Even where you are, in the shade of Hadrians Wall, I would not worry until towards the end of September and then only if the nights are starting to get cold, 5 deg C or lower.  I live on the north Wales coast and last year I was still picking a few Sungolds outdoors in November but admittedly they weren't as nice as those eaten a month or so earlier.  I'd recommend Sungold to anyone for both greenhouse and outdoors, especially if there are children and folks with a sweet tooth about.  I always bung the leftover plants outside wherever there's room.

Whatever you do - enjoy  ;D ;D ;D

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 17:31:00 »
I think you have done really well. You will be able to build some more as you need it
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal