Author Topic: Passata@home  (Read 24555 times)

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
Re: Passata@home
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2006, 13:42:38 »
We just whck them through the machine a couple of times add chopped onions, garlic, roast red peppers and chilli.  Quick whizz with teh magic and and we've got gazpacho.

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2006, 13:13:28 »
Not all passata is created equal!
San Marzano are coming late (planted late) and what a difference in colour from the real McCoy :o

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2006, 17:19:46 »
I have just ordered some San marzano, now I'm really excited. They obvoiusly lived up to the blurb then SS.
Smile, it confuses people.

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2006, 18:52:32 »
proof of the pudding eh maggie? just had to take the photo when I saw the diff!
I've ordered the F1 bush San Marzano from Franchi - not grown bush toms before, but hoping they'll be easier than cordons next year. Can't wait for the next squishing season either! ;D

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2006, 19:50:33 »
Just had a hunt through my freezer and my squishing days will have to start soon ;D ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

SueSteve

• Acre
  • 08/07/07
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2007, 14:57:02 »
Looks rally good, I like some other bits in the catalogue too, do they have paper catalogues, as I prefer to look through proper catalogues?
I cant find anywhere on their website where you can request a catalogue.
Sue
Lottie at Upton St Leonards, Gloucester
Lottie owner since 11th April 2007.
Still in the plot   36 Leeks, 1x rows parsnips, 2x  rows chard, psb, broccoli, 5 rows garlic, 1 row swede, lots of onions - started in rows, but the birds had them and now they are random!!

SueSteve

• Acre
  • 08/07/07
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2007, 18:23:58 »
No, its me!! Sorry!
I was following the Passata machine thread in Bargains by Tricia, and followed the link in the thread, and ended up posting to the old thread and not the new one!
Sue
Lottie at Upton St Leonards, Gloucester
Lottie owner since 11th April 2007.
Still in the plot   36 Leeks, 1x rows parsnips, 2x  rows chard, psb, broccoli, 5 rows garlic, 1 row swede, lots of onions - started in rows, but the birds had them and now they are random!!

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2007, 18:26:59 »
I'm really confused  ??? ??? ??? ??? ::) What happened to Tim's post?

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2007, 20:51:06 »
As fate would have it, I potted up 4 San Marzano plants today (obtained from Parce the Parcel 3).  Am so glad this thread was bumped as I've never read it before, and also received some of SS's Gigantes Beans in the post yesterday in a swap from a postee on another forum for some of Sarah's Pineapple Toms.

There's a whole new world out there that I'm just discovering, all of it touched by Supersprout. 

Am going back to the beginning of this thread to read it again.

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2007, 06:28:22 »
Anne - given the possibly sensitive nature of the thread, I thought it was a bit sharpish & withdrew it.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2007, 07:13:49 »
http://www.seedsofitaly.com/index.php Seed the red bit for catalogue info. Thanks Tim. I'm confused enough on my own11 ::)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2007, 18:54:00 »
While this post is here, I  have three of Supersprouts beans thanks to a super poster and I wanted more, I have now found a source  as I liked the look of them very much. I don't know where Sarah got them from originally because I searched all over,  the seeds were shipped four days ago so I am hoping they will be here soon. If anyone does know the original source I would be greatful just in case the ones I have bought are smaller.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal