Author Topic: wine recipes please  (Read 1825 times)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
wine recipes please
« on: August 22, 2006, 18:44:07 »
Will someone please post up some wine recipes for blackberry wine and elderberry wine. thanks in anticipation
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Curryandchips

• Hectare
Re: wine recipes please
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 18:51:38 »
You could check this thread ...

http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/joomla/smf/index.php/topic,22675.0.html

The recipe I am using for blackberry, is 2kg fruit per gallon, stewed with 0.5kg sugar and about 3 litres of water. When cool, put into a bucket with yeast, and ferment for 5-7 days. Rack into a demijohn, adding 0.75kg sugar (total sugar is 1.25kg) and ferment until complete. Then process as normal, and drink when thirsty ...
The impossible is just a journey away ...

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 10:16:06 »
Cheers Curry. Tracy said you would answer the post. What a reputation eh! Iv'e got to do something with the blackberrys Ive inherited, They are fantasia and really good but one can have enough of eating them and I don't like them frozen. They won't last long when they are made into wine though.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 10:33:17 »
Just remember that the method I use is very 'rough and ready', so you can adjust it how you like. Oh yes, remember to top up the liquid to one gallon when in the demijohn, do it slowly to avoid frothing up the airlock.

Not sure about the reputation ...  ;D
The impossible is just a journey away ...

grotbag

• Hectare
  • granddaughter(miya) in Christchurch,Dorset
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 21:30:14 »
Elderberrry.3lbs berrries,31/2lb sugar,1 gall water ,yeast and nutrient.weigh and crush berries pour on boiling water,cool to bout 70Fbefore adding yeast,leave for 3 days stirring daily.strain through muslin onto the sugar,pour into dark demi john,dont fill completelyy till 1st vigorous ferment has subsided plugging the neck with cottonwool,when ferment is quieter fill to bottom of neck ,fit airlock.leave till fermentation is complete siphon into dark bottles and keep for at least 6 months.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal