Author Topic: Wine clubs  (Read 1144 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Wine clubs
« on: August 21, 2006, 22:23:00 »
Cor, I am rolling them out tonite!

Do you belong to a wine club?  Is it good??  Thinking about it for the grandparents for Chrimble.  Have had several ideas including buying a grape vine for a year at a vineyard in France, but when we looked into it, it isn't their bag, and I thought about naming a star but that doesn't really rock my boat.  Anyhow, looked at the Times and telegraph and a few others and I think, as they are both wine drinkers, that could work.

So, feedback really please.  ;D

Jill

• Hectare
  • S E London
Re: Wine clubs
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 23:11:48 »
We recently signed up with Laithwaites through intro from our neighbour (great street we live in ;D).  Intro box of 15 bottles at £2.69 per bottle was fantastic.  We've now sampled all 4 types and all were extremely good for the money.  It was the introductory offer tho' and we've yet to see what the standard offering is.  Apparently several houses in the street are regular happy subscribers

Will keep you posted, EJ.

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 23:55:02 »
We don't subscribe - just us, no storage and look for supermarket offers -  but know friends that do ...

Laithwaites receommended, Telegraph also, but perhaps same deal? Can't remember exactly.......

Some help? CLx

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 13:32:22 »
My wife subscribes to the Telegraph, and we regularly get 'boxes' delivered. I do my required part, and participate by consuming the presented liquids. I never get more than two glasses now, as my daughter has a definite taste for wine, so assists in the sampling.

I am very happy with what we receive, but I can't comment on the value for money side, as I don't see any of that.
The impossible is just a journey away ...

Dorothy

• Not So New ...
  • Hi there!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 17:00:13 »
I've been with Laithwaites-formerly Direct Wines-for about 10 years and can honestly say that I've never had a poor bottle.

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 17:09:29 »
Actually the Times one is good - great friends swear by it! CLx

sandersj89

• Hectare
  • Who me?
    • My Allotment Blog
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 18:15:47 »
Have a look at buying them membership with The Wine Society. It is a one of fee of £20 and you are a member for life. Wine quality and service far better than Laithwaites who run most of the newspaper wine clubs.

I have been a member for 15 plus years and buy all my wine from them.

Very pleased with them.

Jerry
Caravan Holidays in Devon, come stay with us:

http://crablakefarm.co.uk/

I am now running a Blogg Site of my new Allotment:

http://sandersj89allotment.blogspot.com/

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 18:43:39 »
Yes Sanders, my best-friend-from-school's father was a member for many years and they always produced excellent wine! CLx

flossie

• Hectare
  • Lincoln
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 19:05:54 »
Have been with Laithwaites for a long time and have made all sorts of interesting discoveries.  Started off in their Rioja club.  Now we just do the "Premier Club" which is 2 free (very nice bottles) monthy orders.  I think that they do other clubs too ..."Four Seasons" and another.

Very impressed that you are getting into Christmas organisation already.  Good luck!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 22:25:45 »
Thanks everyone.  Good to hear that there are no bad reports.  I did look at the Wine Society Jerry, so I shall have to look into them and Laithwaites more thoroughly.  As for being organised, the way my life flies by, if I don't do things when I think about them, next time I will have the time to sort them, will be Christmas Eve!!  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal