Author Topic: picture of my allotment  (Read 1329 times)

beckbeck

• Not So New ...
  • my allotment
picture of my allotment
« on: August 16, 2006, 11:55:12 »
Hopefully you will see a picture of my allotment in my signature to the left , i haven't worked out how to display them on here properly yet  ??? ,obviously this is a before picture  :o , hopefully i will be able show you after pictures as they happen!Becky.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: picture of my allotment
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 13:15:49 »
Look forward to seeing pics at each stage. Lots of hard work ahead of you :)

STEVEPARTRIDGE

• Half Acre
    • MY ALLOTMENTS DIARY
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 17:23:17 »
Hi beckbeck, it's an exciting time when you get your plot. There looks like a lot of work to be done ar first, but if you strim down the majority of the top growth it will look a great deal less. One bit of advice is not to try and do too much all in one go as this often leads to new plot holders giving up, if you can cover your plot with black plastic sheeting this will help to exclude light and moisture which in time would kill off all annual weed growth, then if you peel back a bit of the plastic at a time and dig the soil over removing all weeds and their roots as you go along, recovering with the plastic will help prevent new weed seeds from getting onto your soil. Good luck with your new plot and look forward to seeing your progress in the future, regards Steve.

http://www.myallotments.blogspot.com

bunjy

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 19:15:21 »
 :) think all the plots are the same at first unless your really lucky but ... hard work but will be worth it in the end when were eating yummy veggies and fruit

tracy

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 19:18:41 »
if you strim down the majority of the top growth it will look a great deal less

great advice from steve - I use a little sickle for tall overgrowth, just lay the top material down then black plastic over - like he says, one small bit at a time. It can be an enjoyable process, putting your mark on a new piece of land, and plenty of time to mull over the great things you plan ... for next year ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal