Author Topic: Copy & Paste  (Read 2644 times)

Gardengirl

• Hectare
Copy & Paste
« on: April 01, 2004, 09:31:16 »
I am trying to create a word document to store all interesting and informative info from this site.  I noticed that Ken advised someone to copy and paste into word but it does not seem to work for me.  What am I doing wrong?

I copied the piece wanted  - opened up a new word document and then tried to paste the info but it would not let me.

HELP ??? ???
Happy gardening all...........Pat

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Re:Copy & Paste
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 11:40:54 »
Welll,
Position pointer at start of text at a position where the pointer changes to an 'I' bar, (Only text - if you try picking up anything else then maybe that's your problem, Word doesn't accept all formats), left mouse button, hold it down and move curser ( 'I' bar) to end of text. Release mouse button. Put curser over the blue high-lighted text. Click right mouse buttn. Menu will pop up. Select 'copy' by clicking left mouse button.
Open up a new page in Word. Click right mouse, select 'paste' with left mouse.
That should do it. Oh! Don't forget to 'save as...' to put the page into you chosen folder.
Bet you already new all that, eh?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 11:42:51 by kenkew »

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 11:44:59 »
I just copied your piece from above. The text is OK but other things I picked up didn't work. So, text only shouldn't be a problem.

I am trying to create a word document to store all interesting and informative info from this site.  I noticed that Ken advised someone to copy and paste into word but it does not seem to work for me.  What am I doing wrong?

I copied the piece wanted  - opened up a new word document and then tried to paste the info but it would not let me.

HELP    

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 12:43:06 »
Thanks for that Ken.  However I did exactly as you described.  Copied text only, opened up new word document, tried to paste but the word 'paste' was not high-lighted in the drop down menu.  I must be doing something wrong, but can't think what.  In the past I have copied and pasted info from this site into outlook express to pass on info to a friend so why wont it let me do it in word?  Sorry to be a pain but it is really bugging me :-\

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 13:41:19 »
I have sussed out what I was doing wrong Ken ;D

Silly me - I was trying to paste into the word doc before I had opened up a folder for it.   ???

Thanks for your help :) :)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 15:00:17 »
Actually that shouldn't matter until you want to 'save as'''
Anyway, if you're there, ok.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2004, 15:41:48 »
Oh, and thanks for that so simple way of higlighting, Ken - why isn't it SOP? = Tim

PS - Patricia - I had exactly the same prob some time ago, but can't recall the exact situation. Or how it got sorted.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 15:45:38 by tim »

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2004, 21:45:45 »
If we all knew all... well what would be the point? Learning something new and teaching something new makes the world a worldly place, eh what?

(I missed out you know, I should have been a bricky.)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal