Author Topic: anyone selling a shed??  (Read 2663 times)

bunjy

• Half Acre
anyone selling a shed??
« on: August 12, 2006, 20:30:16 »
just got my allotment but shed on it needs taking down as its made of old doors with broken windows!!.... just wondered if anyone was selling 1 before i go and buy a new one btw im in birmingham

tracy

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
Re: anyone selling a shed??
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 07:13:49 »
Try freecycle first? Or take a leaf out of sarah's book and 'blag a shed' ::)
http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/joomla/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,72/topic,18769.0
 ;)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 11:18:31 »
'blag-a-shed'.....oh I remember that thread well ;D

tracy, after reading about freecycle here, I joined the B'ham branch & it's well worth it. Tips for you...1) you are supposed to offer something before you can ask for what you want, but that shouldn't be a problem. Someone, somewhere will want that broken teacup and mis-matched saucer, for sure! 2) Things that are advertised go really really quickly & not all advertisers wait for a day or two to get all replies in  before choosing who they're going to give to & it seems to be 1st come, 1st served, so 3) my Top Tip is for you to ask, you're more guaranteed to get a result. Haven't got the B'ham freecycle addy to hand, but do as I did, google it & then follow the links to the B'ham branch.

Good luck! Lishka

bunjy

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 11:34:31 »
i have joined freecycle now will keep my eyes open lol..... didnt realise how much sheds were new!.... cheapest ive found is £179 which isn't too bad.have been thinking about asking about the run down plots seeing if they wanna sell there shed if they no longer use there plot do you think its too cheeky???? ;D

i was told they were still paying but didnt look like they'd been up in ages

tracy

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 12:04:33 »
I think that's a great idea and great initiative.....know that if I'd taken on a plot then lost interest, I'd LOVE to get a few ££s for something I wasn't using....go for it, gal! 8)

bennettsleg

• Hectare
  • hertford, herts. 2 windowsills, no greenhouse
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 12:24:12 »
cheapest ive found is £179

Focus sells 6x4 sheds for £95.  If you can pick it up from the store there's no delivery charge, no do you have to hang around at the site gate for a day waiting for it to arrive.

I shall be getting mine from there, all sheds in this area go for about £80 on ebay with the need for new roofing felt, collection, fixings etc so sometimes it's better to go new.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal