Author Topic: Twins  (Read 1415 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Twins
« on: August 11, 2006, 00:26:17 »
Whilst on the plot tonite - around 7.30pm, I noticed movement out of the corner of my eye.  There looking at me were 2 foxes.  Young ones I reakon as they were quite small and incredibly lean and fit looking.  Also their coats were more blonde than reddy ginger.  As I stood up they dashed back, and when I spoke, they fled into the undergrowth.  Haven't seen foxes on our allotment for at least 18months so was pleased to see this pair.  Should help keep the rodent population under control!  I forget how beautiful they are - I do love to see 'big' wildlife!  ;D

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
Re: Twins
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 04:00:00 »
sweet :)
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 21:28:26 »
I have never seen a fox here in the Fens, probably too open. I loved seeing them when we lived in East Sussex  (except when the hunt came galloping past my bungalow). When I stay at my sister-in-law's in Chislehurst you can hear them in the back garden during the night..

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 12:37:25 »
Do they hunt in the Fens? I find that the local attitude to foxes determines how easy it is to see them. So in Oxfordshire, where they hunt, I could sometimes get close to them. In Cornwall, where they shoot them, they were really shy and difficult to see. In Birmingham, they're shy everywhere else, but on the site they soon realise nobody's going to bother them, and can get really tame.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal