Author Topic: advice on greenhouse heating  (Read 1987 times)

rdm51

• Half Acre
advice on greenhouse heating
« on: July 29, 2006, 19:20:04 »
need advice on what heating to install in a 8x6 polycarbonate greenhouse, which i want to over-winter fuchsias in green leaf so i need it to be appox 40f or 4c, was thinking of a honeywell turbo fan heater (2kw), greenhouse close to house so electrics not a problem, your advice would be more than welcome ???

valmarg

• Hectare
Re: advice on greenhouse heating
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 22:29:03 »
We have had a Parwin thermostatically controlled fan heater for years.  It has given brilliant service, and I would thoroughly recommend it.

valmarg

rdm51

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 22:59:37 »
thanks valmarg will look into that one

laurieuk

• Hectare
  • now retired
    • laurie mansers  garden hints
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 08:47:24 »
I would go along with that 100 o/o I have had a parwin for about 23 years, they are the only firm that I know will tell you and supply parts free of charge to correct a small fault rather than sell you a new one. After 18 years the I thought the motor needed replacing but I was sent by return a couple of small washers, and told how to use, to take up the small amount of wear. The heater is still going strong, in use at the moment to help cool the greenhouse with just the fan going. They can only be bought direct I have never seen them in a garden centre or shop. Google "parwin" for details.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal