Author Topic: Allotments4All?  (Read 7229 times)

tubs

• Not So New ...
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Allotments4All?
« on: March 26, 2004, 22:29:45 »
Allotments. Full Stop!
Jesus H. Wept, I joined this site to discuss/enjoy/ask/read about allotment subjects. All I see is inane babble! Read 1976 - my comment was at the end.
You may say - that's where it should stay. But if it stops the thread - O.K!

Should wind up some (hopefully decent subject comments?) Reading me Ed.?
I don't do childish 'smilies' either

Andi

• Quarter Acre
  • WBC...gizzaplot...pleease
Re:Allotments4All?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 22:35:50 »
There is plenty on this site for allotment owners and productive gardeners.

1976 is in The Shed...an area for NON allotment stuff.

Happy surfing...

rdak

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 22:43:26 »
by all means feel free to read the topics here, but if you want to discuss and ask questions, you may find it helps not to be so critical.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 22:53:55 »
For most of us, our lives do not revolve purely around our allotments or gardens, in fact, shock horror, some members don't even have allotments!  Allotments are meant to be fun, a place where you make friends and enjoy the social aspects as well as the growing aspect.  If you don't want to take part in the friendship side of the site, then stay out of places like the shed, to talk plants, go in the plant sections.

Oh, and I DO do smilies!  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 22:55:04 by EJ - Emma Jane »

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 23:28:05 »
To Tubs

Constructive comments are fine and welcme

Unwarranted criticism and a chip on ones shoulder are not.

This site is also a friendly community. Please dont spoil it with such comments.

PS If all we talked about was Allotments and gardening i think it would get very boring. Unrelated chit chat is good  :)

PPS I can do smilies too  ;D  ;D  ;D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 23:34:52 by RichardF »

eileen

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004, 23:40:54 »
I really think you should find yourself another forum if you don't like the looks of this one, there's plenty out there to choose from you know!

As others have said there are a number of topics that are to do with gardening/allotments but we're all friends  here and do have other things to discuss as well. We also like to have FUN, know what that means?

We really don't take kindly to a newbie, who obviously hasn't checked all the topics out properly before slating us all, coming on here and assuming he knows all about the boards and making inflammatory comments.

Oh, and same as EJ. I DO SMILIE'S TOO!!!!

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

Eileen.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2004, 00:39:05 by eileen »

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

SueT

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2004, 23:56:37 »
Well said Eileen  ;D ;D ;D
Sue

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2004, 00:41:08 »
Like everyone else has said, tubs, if you don't like this site, it is your free choice to go else where.  Personally I think we are a well rounded community.  Plenty of gardening and allotment stuff, (can't believe you missed the huge range of gardening topics),  but also laughs and gossip and chat and a real sense of good natured fun. Most of all people are respectful and considerate of each other. busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2004, 07:33:21 »
the site has been quite nicely set out tubs so that non- allotment stuff tends to go in the shed and other clearly marked areas, i think the members tend to be excellent at making sure that stuff in the 'on topic' areas stays 'on topic'. I do hope you'll take the time to look a  bit deeper and join some of the topics that interest you BUT no-one is forcing you to read it so i'm afraid wrist slapping an entire online community to try and change the way it is to your liking isn't the most productive idea.

hope to chat soon

Jo ;D

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2004, 08:08:10 »
 :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :P

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2004, 09:55:47 »
And personally Tubs I object very strongly to the blasphemy in your message!   "Thou shalt not take the name of thy Lord God in vain."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2004, 09:57:21 by Palustris »
Gardening is the great leveller.

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2004, 10:01:59 »
I have not got an allotment Tubs and was initially a little reluctant to join in this site but was encouraged to do so by other gardening 'friends' and boy am I glad I did as I have made so many new friends and learned so much from their knowledge of gardening.  Without going into detail as there has been so much said already, I agree with all the comments already made.

Life is too short to be deadly serious about just one subject 'Allotments'.  Go on Tubs, let your hair down - join in the fun - especially our Sunflower Growing Competition ;) :)
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Muddy_Boots

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2004, 13:16:33 »
Smacks to me of someone just diving in here to get a reaction without having the slightest interest in gardening!  Suggest they go and troll elsewhere where they might find like non-minded individuals to pander to their inanities

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(
Muddy Boots

MagpieDi

• Hectare
  • Oh to be as wise..... !!!
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2004, 15:10:21 »
Absolutely in agreement with you there Muddy !!

Got to be a wind up folks! Probably just managed to hoodwink the wardens for an hour !!  ::)  ;D  ::)

Gardening on a wing and a prayer!!

flowerbaby_uk

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2004, 15:49:44 »
 like that one magpie   ;D ;D ;D oopps emicons  :P

Hugh_Jones

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2004, 18:30:49 »
Now hold on a minute good people.  Don`t forget that Tubs has been a member of this site for all of 5 weeks and 5 days, and has managed to make a full 5 postings in that time, so no doubt he feels that he is justified in thinking that his own vast contribution to the site entitles him to tell all us lesser mortals how to behave.

However, if he looks elsewhere on the site, he will find that Richard was touting for members for two other no doubt worthy (invitation only) sites, and perhaps he would feel more at home in their more select atmosphere.

Muddy_Boots

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2004, 18:55:51 »
Hugh,

You are an officer and a gentleman!   :D
Muddy Boots

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2004, 19:08:56 »
Well, Tubs. Looks like you loose, sorry....(no I'm not!) Thing is, on every chat site there will be someone willing to pull to pieces those that contribute to it. It's just so easy to jump around the sites and slag people off because your brain cell isn't engaged or in tune with what the site is all about.
First rule of any argument Tubs, is to have an alternative to what you disagree with. Seeing as how your disagreement is about people enjoying the company of like minded people, I can't see where any alternative would fit in.
That really only leaves you two options,

Stop picking on people who just want to do,
The things that they want, (of which you haven't a clue,)
Or use jerky movements and writhe on the floor,
Or *Watershed language* to you.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2004, 19:34:17 »
PLEASE tell me, WHY do people rise to the bait every time , and give these i....s their pleasure??

Just let it be - & die?  Don't allow another beeb here. = Tim

Hugh_Jones

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2004, 19:59:20 »
But tim, it`s such FUN.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal