Author Topic: Stuck up!  (Read 1695 times)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
Stuck up!
« on: July 10, 2006, 16:52:59 »
I have just been howling with laughter, so I thought I would share.  I decided to water my tomatoes in my home greenhouse, so I got my watering can which was beside the water butt, and filled it to the top.  Went into my greenhouse and started watering when all of sudden the water stopped coming out. It was tipped up in the usual way but nothing was dripping out.  I thought perhaps a stone had got in and looked down the spout only to see some beedy little eyes peering out at me - there was a frog caught in my watering can spout!  It must have climbed in last night and was probably floating nicely in the  shallow water in the bottom, only to be syphoned  straight into the spout.  I had a little job getting it out, as the poor thing was stuck, but eventually managed to pour the poor thing into our pond.  It headed straight for the bottom, but it did come up again, so it is alright, but have been laughing about it ever since, it was such a funny thing to happen!  ;D busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Margaret

• Hectare
  • My precious granddaughter Lauren
Re: Stuck up!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 21:33:22 »
It was obviously just waiting for you to come along and pour it out!!Frogs really are missing an intelligence gene.They are one of my favourite creatures but they get themselves in the most crazy situations.I shall never forget my husbands face when he opened the lid of the loo and found himself staring at a frog.Don't know who was the more shocked!!How it got in we shall never know.

I love to see them bouncing around in the rain.Sadly not much of that happening at present.
Margaret

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal