Author Topic: UPDATED WEBSITE & VIDEO  (Read 1280 times)

STEVEPARTRIDGE

• Half Acre
    • MY ALLOTMENTS DIARY
UPDATED WEBSITE & VIDEO
« on: July 08, 2006, 11:32:48 »
Hello all, here is this weeks update of my allotments along with a video of how I transplant my Leeks, I hope you enjoy it, regards Steve.

http://www.myallotments.blogspot.com

veggirl

• Not So New ...
  • west cornwall
Re: UPDATED WEBSITE & VIDEO
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 12:02:12 »
Hi Steve
I am very new to this site and just wanted to say how impressive your blog and new video are. I unfortunately only have a very small plot in my back garden but after seeing the results of yourself and other posters I am now well and truly hooked!.
I planted on some leeks last weekend, they were not quite pencil thickness and although I did trim the roots a little I didn't take any of the top growth off, will this matter? and will they also `take' despite being quite thin and weedy?. Just checked them about an hour ago and they are hanging in there it seems....
Looking forward to further updates and chatting with others on the site
veggirl :)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 12:03:49 »
Steve, that was amazing!  Some interesting tips about leek growing! I have always left the leek growing to my OH, but feel much more knowledgable about doing it myself now. Thanks for your on-line lesson!  :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 13:30:04 »
Enjoyed looking at your lottie, Steve, and your video was great. Many thanks! 8)

plimsoll plot2

• Quarter Acre
  • Where my heart is
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 14:48:59 »
wow that was good its good to see how other lotties have planed out there plot you have given me some ideas for next year many thanks :-*
were my heart is down at the plot

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 07:57:00 »
WOW steve - great blog... the leek video has really helped... now just need a quick way to dib 6 inches into hard soil!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal