Author Topic: Time for a dip  (Read 2042 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Time for a dip
« on: July 02, 2006, 20:43:51 »
It was very hot today and the frogs were making good use of their 'pond'.  I can't mend the pump because they hide behind it and keep dislodging it but I'd rather that than no frogs.   ;D  G x

Ready to dive in

Aww that's better!
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
Re: Time for a dip
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 20:48:24 »
Lovely water feature G, fantastic that you have frogs as well in the city :)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 20:53:10 »
I spotted at least 8 today as I was pottering.  Think they must like all me slugs!   ::)

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 23:09:00 »
Georgie Lucky you. I haven't seen one frog in my garden this year.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 08:57:44 »
Lovely pics Georgie.   ;D

trojanrabbit

• Half Acre
  • There are those who call me... Pete
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 15:05:23 »
We have a frog living in our back garden in a pile of leaves trapped between the toolshed and house. Seems a little odd as there is no pond in or near our garden cliff face.
It's pretty big, probably dining excellently on all the slugs and snails - just a shame that it would need to be the size of a small dog to make any dent on their population!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 22:13:11 »
It doesn't need a pond except at breeding time. What it needs is cover, invertebrates to eat and somewhere not too dry to live.

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 19:53:02 »
Great pics Georgie :)  There were a couple of frogs on our patio last night, just sitting there enjoying the rain.  Now they will have some nice moist places to go in the garden again

MM x

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 20:44:02 »
Does Merlin chase frogs?  My norty Tiger does, needless to say.   >:(

G x

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 20:49:57 »
No not really but Chivers was a devil, which is why we filled in the pond and moved the frogs to a new home a mile away.  He just wouldn't leave them alone, spending hours of an evening looking for them under plants and in the pond cos he didn't mind standing in water ::)  It was awful as he'd toss them about and they scream don't they? A terrible sound.  Merlin might tap them or just watch but that's all.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 20:57:49 »
Aww, what a sweetie Merlin is. Are you fed up of him yet? ;)  Tiger, thankfully, is mainly a 'patter' too and when they play dead he loses interest but I know what you mean about the frog scream - tis primevil!

G x

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 21:06:03 »
Afraid not, he is my little darling ;D  think you are going to have a long wait, lol

MM x

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 21:13:31 »
Drat!   ::)

G x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal