Author Topic: More of Robin Hill  (Read 1076 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
More of Robin Hill
« on: July 02, 2006, 10:00:03 »
Missed yesterday due to visitors. Lovely brick/stonework by Ace.

Yellow Petals

Re: More of Robin Hill
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 19:50:25 »
Your pictures of IOW are lovely, Lorna.  They've brought back some good memories. 
Myself, Hugh and Michael have been there several times.  I do remember the last time we took Michael how dramatically Robin Hill had changed - and not for the better in our opinion but it's still a beautiful place.  Osbourne House is lovely isn't it?  Where else did you go?  Did you see Shanklin, Needles etc?  <sigh> I want to go back now  :-\

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: More of Robin Hill
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 00:03:54 »
Hi Sam.. We thoroughly enjoyed Robin Hill apart from the five new gardens this year (Ace created them) I think he said there will be quite a few more over the next three years. We loved the woodland walk. Yes we visited the Needles, think I have put pic on Holiday in IOW, We went last year and thought maybe we wouldn't find enough to do this year. How wrong can you be. We had brilliant weather which helped. We were based at Thorness Bay , Park Resorts. Pretty good site. chalet was a little smaller than the one at  Nodes Pt last year but as long as the chalet was clean that was fine. We only slept in it ;D
Lorna and I chickened out of going on chair lift at Needles this year (too windy) so Joshua and Lea went, we all went to The Needles Old Battery. (I had to have a puff on my inhaler to make that one!!). Lorna and I spent a few hours at the Botanic Gardens. Ventnor (bought couple of plants) Lea took Joshua off to the Jurassic Park.
Also watched the sweets being made and watched how glass is blown, so creative. So many interesting things on such a small island.
Osborne House was a dream.
Lorna

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal